Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone recommend a good plumber in South Dublin?

Options
  • 03-01-2014 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,
    I'm emigrating at the end of the month and looking to get a plumber in to check out an issue with the hot water before renting the place. Everytime we use the hot water tank there's a noise for ages afterwards like the boiler is constantly refilling it. The only way to stop this is to run the cold water tap in the kitchen intermittently for a few minutes. It has become a very annoying bed time ritual. Can anyone give any tips or recommend a good plumber who might be able to fix the issue?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Hi,
    I'm emigrating at the end of the month and looking to get a plumber in to check out an issue with the hot water before renting the place. Everytime we use the hot water tank there's a noise for ages afterwards like the boiler is constantly refilling it. The only way to stop this is to run the cold water tap in the kitchen intermittently for a few minutes. It has become a very annoying bed time ritual. Can anyone give any tips or recommend a good plumber who might be able to fix the issue?
    Water hammer on the cold water storage tank ball cock.
    Install a shock arrestor or fit a small length of 1/2" copper pipe before the valve terminating with an air pocket.

Can people stop calling a hot water cylinder the "boiler"? It's a cylinder! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 fergaldublin

Thanks for that I'll give it a go and although you may be technically correct it'll always be a boiler ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tinto

Hi, new here! No idea if I'm in the right 'place'!

Can anyone recommend a plumber in South Dublin area?

My 'loo' sounds like it is about to orbit into space when I flush it.
    A guy was supposed to come out last week and never did.
    So hard to find reliable people who are willing to get involved in the 'small jobs-would greatly appreciate help....

Advertisement