Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wrong tap bought please help

• 19-10-2013 7:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21

Hello folks, I got my bathroom redone and had a new bath installed with new taps however I ended up buying high pressure taps for my bath by mistake and I have a low pressure system. The problem doesn't get easier as the bath sides are tiled so access to the taps is not going to be easy, I need your good advice on what I can do to fix this. I have heard of booster pumps etc and would like to know what be the best thing I can do. Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

John317 wrote: »
    Hello folks, I got my bathroom redone and had a new bath installed with new taps however I ended up buying high pressure taps for my bath by mistake and I have a low pressure system. The problem doesn't get easier as the bath sides are tiled so access to the taps is not going to be easy, I need your good advice on what I can do to fix this. I have heard of booster pumps etc and would like to know what be the best thing I can do. Many thanks in advance.

Is the pipe work in your house new enough?? As in would it take the extra pressure from a hot/cold pump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21 John317

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Is the pipe work in your house new enough?? As in would it take the extra pressure from a hot/cold pump.

The pipework is all new as in new twin coil cylinder and all new pipework throughout I really don't want to go removing newly installed tiles its my own mistake but would like to know would a booster pump solve my problem as even before I put the taps on my old hot water pressure was never strong and as i'v a back boiler stove fitted I want good hot water pressure to use as a shower as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

John317 wrote: »
    The pipework is all new as in new twin coil cylinder and all new pipework throughout I really don't want to go removing newly installed tiles its my own mistake but would like to know would a booster pump solve my problem as even before I put the taps on my old hot water pressure was never strong and as i'v a back boiler stove fitted I want good hot water pressure to use as a shower as well.

Yes a pump would solve it. Have a plumber look at it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Ger yourself a 2bar twin impeller stuart turner pump, & everything will work off that fine, try to buy a brass body one if you can, they are quieter and worth the extra few euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21 John317

Ger yourself a 2bar twin impeller stuart turner pump, & everything will work off that fine, try to buy a brass body one if you can, they are quieter and worth the extra few euro.

Hello would this one do the trick?
    http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=130780036897
    Would it increase the pressure of the cold tap as well? Many thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement