Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stanley Erin, Henley Druid, or Yola Stove ?

Options
  • 14-06-2013 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

We are looking to get a stove installed which will heat 5 double radiators and 2 single ones. Three bedroom bungalow. The stoves we are considering are:

Stanley Erin Boiler stove.

Henley Druid 21kw Boiler Stove.

Yola 17kw Boiler Stove which can heat up to 14 Rads.

If any one has any of these stoves called I would welcome any comments or advice.

Thanks in advance.

Ballycarton.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

21 kw is a bit much for the amount of rads you have. I'm going for one of these:

http://www.firebird.ie/index.php/products/biomass-boilers/194.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

zerks wrote: »
    21 kw is a bit much for the amount of rads you have. I'm going for one of these:

http://www.firebird.ie/index.php/products/biomass-boilers/194.html

5 doubles & 2 singles is 12 rads. When manufacturers quote number if rads they are referring to 1 rad = 900 x 500 single.
    You also need to take into account the efficiency. So if a stove is quoted as 80% efficient & is 20kw output, the output is now 16kw. Take off a further 10% for system losses & you now have just over 14kw.
    Then there is the fuel output & moisture content to consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Maverick30

Hi Ballycarton... I have a friend who recently bought a Yola, they are delighted with it so far. Heating about 16 or 17 single rads. I think that they are made in Ireland somewhere. I know that Stanley and Henley are good stoves too but they are made in China, so there are some questions over quality control. Other than that i cant really help you. All the best with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Ballycarton

Thanks Zerks, Maverck 30 & Shane007 for your replies . I was down in Wexford to see the Yola Stove factory today. Spoke to a very nice man called Keith who showed me their range of stoves . I was very impressed I must admit & I would love to support a fully Irish stove manufacturer. Given that the Stanley & Henley Stoves are made initally in China & only assembled here you really don't know what you may be getting. But a relative of my husbands has a stanley Erin & swears by it. Never had any trouble with it. But a neighbour of his got a Stanley Reginald & it has been nothing but trouble from day one. While my sister in law also has a Stanley Erin & she loves it. Never had any trouble with it either. Perhaps its all down to the luck of the draw I don't know. We have our plumber coming on Monday to see our set up. So it will be interesting to see what he would recommend.

In the meantime please keep your replies & advice coming as it will help us to make a final decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭paddy_joe

i have fitted 4 of the 17kw yola stoves. All are very pleased so far with it anyway. Only problem is there is a waiting list for them now,customer has to wait 3- 5 weeks for one now.
    Havent fitted the erin or druid so cant comment on them.
    Pat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭ccsolar

We are looking to get a stove installed which will heat 5 double radiators and 2 single ones. Three bedroom bungalow. The stoves we are considering are:

Stanley Erin Boiler stove.

Henley Druid 21kw Boiler Stove.

Yola 17kw Boiler Stove which can heat up to 14 Rads.

If any one has any of these stoves called I would welcome any comments or advice.

Thanks in advance.

Ballycarton.
    Hi Ballycarton
    The yola stove is new to the market but the guys making them were involved someway with Boru in Tipperary
    There good value for money,
    The Stanley Erin is a great stove also fitting a lot of these at the moment.
    You might also want to check out the Inis stove range and the Stratford
    All the best
    Cc

Thankyou for that post ccsolar. I did have the plumber out today. after looking at our set up he suggested that the Stanley Erin would probably be the best. he thought the Yola 21Kw would be too big for us while their insert stove would be too small as we cut our own timber & want to burn large logs.But he did say they are pretty good from reports that he has heard. He knew nothing about the Henly ones.

So to cut a long story short we have ordered the Stanley Erin Stove from our local merchant.

So a very big thank you to every one for their replies & insights.

All the best.

Ballycarton.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gdelaney

Hi we are looking at installing a boiler stove, we have had a plumber and fitter out and now just have to decide on what size of stove to go for. We have been given given different advice by different suppliers and are now even more confused. We want to heat 6 single rads and 2 double roads and have hot water. we do have more rads but these are in the rooms the stove will be heating. the 2stoves we have narrowed it down to is Henley 16kw cladagh or the druid 12kw. I would . Prefer the 16kw but my wife or prefers the 12kw as she thinks the 16kw May look too big and imposing in the room it is going. We would go for the 12kw if it was sufficient for heating the number of rads we have. Thanks for your help.

Well Our Stanley Erin is going great it is 19kw or thereabouts. Its heating 12 rads5 doubles & 2 singles. Also have lashings of hot water.I did have my eye on the Claddagh at first but our plumber said that it would not be powerful enough to heat all the rads so we settled on the Stanley Erin. Although the Stanly brochore says the WErin heats 9 rads infact it is capable of doingso much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭dodgey69

Anyone tell me the cheapest place to buy the Erin boiler stove in an enamel finish? cheers

• Advertisement

Hi Dodgey 69,
    as far as I know Waterford Stanley are currently running a promotion called National heat week with up to €200 off most large stoves and also 20 bales of briquettes thrown in free. www.waterforstanley.com will give you details of your local Stanley Dealer. We bought our Erin earlier this summer during an earlier promotion and got €300 off. So our enamel was €1599 instead of €1899. I have to say we are delighted with it. It heats 12 rads very nicely & lashings of hot water. You won't regret it. We got ours in our local Glanbia store, New Ross.

All the best,
    Ballycarton.

Advertisement