Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

09 ** 1 Only 5 taken this year.

• 05-02-2009 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭

One of the most sought after reg number's 09**1 has only been taken up in 5 counties so far this year. Dublin, Cork, Waterford City, Laois and Sligo. 3 of them are on a Ford , 1 Merc and 1 Audi. Big change from years gone by when there used to be a que for the number 1.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I presume some of those are Kavanagh's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

kbannon wrote: »
    I presume some of those are Kavanagh's!

Dont know. Just had a look on cartell to see what was left and found nearlly all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭robbie99

Isn't 09**1 always reserved for the local lord mayor?

Sorry - sure you already said that they were Fords, etc.
    There mustn't be any new busses there or else they refuse to pay the new prices!

robbie99 wrote: »
    Isn't 09**1 always reserved for the local lord mayor?

No not every county. Dublin used to be. I dont know if it still is. The first 200 numbers from every county are held back every year and you have to pay for them. It used to be €315 but I think it went up this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I'm nearly 100% percent sure the Mayor of Limerick got his new Avensis and he always gets the L-1, doesn't seem to be up though. Maybe they saved the €1000 and got him some gold plated teeth instead.

As said above, KK-1 used to always be Kavanaghs Buses. Time's must be tough:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,293 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'm nearly 100% percent sure the Mayor of Limerick got his new Avensis and he always gets the L-1, doesn't seem to be up though. Maybe they saved the €1000 and got him some gold plated teeth instead.

He did, it's a black new model afaik, 09 L 1

bazz26 wrote: »
    09-L-1 does not come up on cartell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭NewApproach

With regards Kavanagh's, they might not have taken delivery of the new buses yet (if they're getting them of course)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

bazz26 wrote: »

Limerick mayor Gilligan did`nt take the reg as he did`nt see the point in spending the extra money, fair play to him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

As said above, KK-1 used to always be Kavanaghs Buses. Time's must be toughbiggrin.gif

They usually get the first Carlow and Waterford plates too (according to Cartell, 08-CW-11 is a Setra, so I presume they're happy to settle for eleven too).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,293 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Limerick mayor Gilligan did`nt take the reg as he did`nt see the point in spending the extra money, fair play to him.

This week's local newspaper has a photo of him collecting the car.
    kbannon wrote: »
    09-L-1 does not come up on cartell

See ^^. I reckon he only collected the car this week so it might not be on the system yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

It's given to the mayor for free, wouldn't have cost him a cent :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Tipsy Mac wrote: »
    It's given to the mayor for free, wouldn't have cost him a cent :rolleyes:
    And even if he had paid, the money goes straight to the State.

Anan1 wrote: »
    And even if he had paid, the money goes straight to the State.
    I'm sure a tabloid journo could have still made a story out of it!

Here he is. I wonder what trade in he got on the old Avensis :P

09 L 1
    mayor-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Anyone know if the mayors office pays for the car or is it given free? I'd imagine if it's given free it could be seen as some kind of a bung. If his office did pay for it why are they giving the dealer a free advert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭robbie99

Clip-on number plates :eek:

Tipsy Mac wrote: »
    Anyone know if the mayors office pays for the car or is it given free? I'd imagine if it's given free it could be seen as some kind of a bung.

I'd imagine it's paid for. I don't think any Mayor would of picked a wine Prius that they got in 06 i think.

https://www.cartell.ie/ssl/servlet/beginStarLookup?registration=06l1&registration1=06l1&irishbutton=Get+Report&registration2=Enter+Registration

robbie99 wrote: »
    Clip-on number plates :eek:

Good spot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Funxy

Exactly, the article says the mayor did not take the 09 L 1 numberplate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I'll see if I can find out what the actual plate is...

ninty9er wrote: »
    I'll see if I can find out what the actual plate is...

CY08HOQ :eek::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

09 SO 1 was a black mondeo. I think a funeral director has it.

He had a Merc last year. A sign of the times.

Saab Ed wrote: »
    CY08HOQ :eek::D

It wouldn't be a 09 then, would it:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Cartell says 09 LK 1 does not exist but it does, in Newcastlewest. It a MERC SUV as it is every single year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

RayM wrote: »
    They usually get the first Carlow and Waterford plates too (according to Cartell, 08-CW-11 is a Setra, so I presume they're happy to settle for eleven too).

I thought the mayor in waterford got the W-1 reg.... always see the car parked outside council offices down here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

A bit of topic here, sorry.
    Lets say you import a car example m3csl. Is it possible to trade number plates? If I wanted 03 c 51 even though i have residence in Kilkenny, is there a way around it?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

saw 09 D 1 up outside the mansion house last week, a merc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭leon8v

Plug wrote: »
    Lets say you import a car example m3csl. Is it possible to trade number plates? If I wanted 03 c 51 even though i have residence in Kilkenny, is there a way around it?:confused:

I think you can get it if you register the car to an address in cork, assuming the number is free. There is a CSL with either 04 C 51 or 03 C 51 already. I cant remember which year it is. I think 04 but cant be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Here he is. I wonder what trade in he got on the old Avensis :P

09 L 1
    mayor-1.jpg

Looks bog standard! Cant even see fogs!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Darsad

The lack of 09 XX 1 plates is a reflection of the overall decrease in the
    requests revenue have received for cherished number plates.
    The increase in the fee to €1000 is systematic of this governments
    grasp of reality !"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

One of the most sought after reg number's 09**1 has only been taken up in 5 counties so far this year. Dublin, Cork, Waterford City, Laois and Sligo. 3 of them are on a Ford , 1 Merc and 1 Audi. Big change from years gone by when there used to be a que for the number 1.

One of the Fords was a Mondeo that went to the Mayor of Cork City. Saw him in it a few days ago. Drives it himself too apparently, the got rid of the driver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Darsad wrote: »
    The lack of 09 XX 1 plates is a reflection of the overall decrease in the
    requests revenue have received for cherished number plates.
    The increase in the fee to €1000 is systematic of this governments
    grasp of reality !"

Aye, increase the price too much and people wont bother, if it was 315 a lot more people would have.
    It's like the 10 euro airplane tax, already it has been plamed for taking 800,000 seats out of shannon, so the lost revenue there goes a long way to cancelling out the gain for the revenue from the tax.

Plug wrote: »
    Move to Cork (if its available). Once a car has a reg, it can't be changed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

No not every county. Dublin used to be. I dont know if it still is.

The Lord Mayor of Dublin still gets a car registered **-D-1 alright. It was BMW 730i in 1988, then Volvo 700/900 Series and S80's from there on until Bill Cullen stepped in and offered a ghastly Vel Satis for free and for the past two years it has been an E-Class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

VolvoMan wrote: »
    The Lord Mayor of Dublin still gets a car registered **-D-1 alright. It was BMW 730i in 1988, then Volvo 700/900 Series and S80's from there on until Bill Cullen stepped in and offered a ghastly Vel Satis for free and for the past two years it has been an E-Class.

Was 1988 not 88 D 1000 to celebrate Dublins 1000 aniversary. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

dingding wrote: »
    Was 1988 not 88 D 1000 to celebrate Dublins 1000 aniversary. :D

My apologies, it was of course!:o Carmencita Hederman had it when she was Lord Mayor.

Do you know anything about it yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭bryanmurr

i think dublin, waterford, cork, galway and somewhere else get the number 1 regs for the mayors.

read it in a leaflet in the vrt office before ;)

One of the Fords was a Mondeo that went to the Mayor of Cork City. Saw him in it a few days ago. Drives it himself too apparently, the got rid of the driver.

They never dis have drivers.

Anyhow
    https://www.cartell.ie/ssl/servlet/beginStarLookup?registration=09l389&registration1=09l389&irishbutton=Get+Report&registration2=Enter+Registration

• Advertisement
Advertisement