Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭shnaek

Not sure if a bargain but Spindles of Blu Ray R discs (10 I think) for €10 in Tullamore, I saw them before around €25

They're in Paul Street too for a tenner.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

snubbleste wrote: »
    Dole tinned pineapple 227g 39c
    These are still surprisingly 39c
    I had a can earlier and it was darker than normal pineapple. Scrumptious. I think they put something addictive in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

snubbleste wrote: »
    These are still surprisingly 39c
    I had a can earlier and it was darker than normal pineapple. Scrumptious. I think they put something addictive in them.

I'll have to look into this, one thing you dont seem to be able to get in Laldi,
    tinned fruit in own juice, only in syrup :(. Too sugary, sickly tasting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Kelloggs Squares Bars 4pks €1 each :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

cerastes wrote: »
    I'll have to look into this, one thing you dont seem to be able to get in Laldi,
    tinned fruit in own juice, only in syrup :(. Too sugary, sickly tasting.

I'd add to this- its also poison for diabetics. The fruit in its own juice- which you can get in Tesco/Musgrave derivatives- may not be as good as fresh fruit- but it is a tasty treat........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

I'd add to this- its also poison for diabetics. The fruit in its own juice- which you can get in Tesco/Musgrave derivatives- may not be as good as fresh fruit- but it is a tasty treat........

My mom always bought in syrup couldnt stomach it. Partially open tin, drain, refill with water, shake, drain.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Mom. Lol

Carte Noir 150grm refill sachets- 4.48
    This is the foil packet that you use to refill the jars with.
    The 100grm jar is 6.68 and the 200grm jar is almost 11 quid- so if you're happy to recycle your glass jar- its a very good offer (and of all the instant coffee out there- Carte Noir is probably one of the only drinkable ones).......... Offer valid until the 10th Nov.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

The 100grm jar is 6.68 and the 200grm jar is almost 11 quid- so if you're happy to recycle your glass jar- its a very good offer (and of all the instant coffee out there- Carte Noir is probably one of the only drinkable ones).......... Offer valid until the 10th Nov.

I got a few jars of Carte Noir in SuperValu Rathborne a couple of weeks back 200g jar for €6 which is really good value, not sure if this is still the price but will check and post back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Crockpot slow cooker 24.99

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

et101 wrote: »
    I got a few jars of Carte Noir in SuperValu Rathborne a couple of weeks back 200g jar for €6 which is really good value, not sure if this is still the price but will check and post back

I got a 100g jar in dunnes today for €4..
    With the 20% rebate it's 3.20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

et101 wrote: »

The 150grm pack in Tesco- is still 60c cheaper than an equivalent 150grm in Dunnes (though you do get glass bottles in Dunnes- if you have a use for them, other than to fill your recycle bin........)

18 pack coke/diet coke/coke zero - 7 Euro
    Twin pack of 100grm Original salted Tuc crackers - 2 Euro (they're 1.49 each)
    Scala pesto (3 types) 190grm jar + 50% extra free - 2.29
    Johnson Mooney and O'Brien rolls- 1.09 for a pack of 6, or 2 packs for 1.50
    Nothing worth buying in the alcohol section (anything reduced- is muck that no-one in their right mind would drink- and anything of any interest- is over-priced- in my humble opinion!)

Nothing else really of interest- though they do still have 32" Toshibas @ 239 and 32" Samsungs @ 299........ Decent televisions- at a very decent price- shame about it only being a 32" screen..........

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

Might be a bit late sorry but tesco ballinasloe had large cadbury fruit and nut bars for 47 cent and a small box of thorntons mint selection sweets this morning for 1.24 both yellow labels

• Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

The 150grm pack in Tesco- is still 60c cheaper than an equivalent 150grm in Dunnes (though you do get glass bottles in Dunnes- if you have a use for them, other than to fill your recycle bin........)

Glass doesn't go in a recycling bin.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

guil wrote: »

Plenty of areas have a specific glass recycling bin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Some people just want to watch the world burn ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

MYOB wrote: »
    Plenty of areas have a specific glass recycling bin...

I know that but when someone says about a recycling bin most people think paper and cardboard. People still put glass in them and that's why they don't get emptied.

Anyway let's not drag this more off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Hondo75

solas stout and red ale 1.89 in naas and brewed in kildare..will update on taste testing later

some moulded earphones and dab radios left .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭laros

solas stout and red ale

Any chance of a picture of the bottles...?

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Hondo75

DSC_1676.jpg

Ok here you go..

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The 100g jar was €3 in Dunnes in Letterkenny yesterday, but save the planet and all!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

I know that but when someone says about a recycling bin most people think paper and cardboard. People still put glass in them and that's why they don't get emptied.

Anyway let's not drag this more off topic.

Digging a hole there buddy. Just say you are wrong!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

laros wrote: »
    Any chance of a picture of the bottles...?

got a bottle of each yesterday. normally drink the o'haras red but seemed to have stopped stocking it. the solas red ale was just ok. not as nice as the o'haras. The stout wouldn't be as nice as the aldi o'sheas stout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

zerks wrote: »

They have Tosh's and Samsungs on special here- 220 for a 32" Tosh- 299 for a 32" Samsung........ Not quite as good value- but not to be sneezed at either.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Just back from Tesco Clarehall, that wd wifi enabled 500gb hard drive is back on the shelf, at the back of one of the toshibas. 49.99 for wifi enabled hard drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

K-9 wrote: »
    The 100g jar was €3 in Dunnes in Letterkenny yesterday, but save the planet and all!

Cheers for that info. Why oh why though is Dunnes website SOOOO useless?? :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement