Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Helmet

• 07-07-2015 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hi Guys, Apologies if there is already a thread for this. I left my helmet behind following La Marmotte (I likely would also have forgotten my head were it not attached I was so tired). I am looking for a few suggestions on what and possibly more importantly where to buy a new one.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

What's your budget like?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭gaybeer

What's your budget like?

I'm flexible enough. Up to 200 but ideally around 150

Ah, I wouldn't know a thing about lids in that price range, someone else may.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭gaybeer

Ah, I wouldn't know a thing about lids in that price range, someone else may.

Out of curiosity what price range would you be looking at and what would you recommend?

gaybeer wrote: »
    Out of curiosity what price range would you be looking at and what would you recommend?

I use a Specialized Echelon II, which I bought in the UK for about £50 and I'm extremely happy with it. Tried on most helmets in the Specialized range, and found it the most comfortable of the whole selection. Used to have a Giro Atmos which currently goes for about 80 I think, found it fairly uncomfortable personally. Very airy but not enough padding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭cython

Kask Mojitos popped up lately in the bargain alerts thread and got favourable reviews for the price (€99.99 plus shipping). Obviously all depends on the shape of your head, etc. as to whether they would interest you.

Advertisement