Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tour de France betting **Please use spoiler tags before midnight**

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

daramike wrote: »
    I think the cobbles are being over-estimated. They are not as hard as last year, we won't have anywhere near the bad weather and they are further from the finish. I expect a reduced sprint of 50 riders myself. I think Degenkolb, Kristoff, Sagan and Greipel are the big stand out favourites. T Martin is interesting at a big price 66/1. He finished top 20 last year in the cobbles and has 13K after the last section to go for the win and yellow jersey. Trentin is my other outside pick at 66/1. Finished 9th in last years stage would have been higher only for a Kwiatkowski puncture. He is very strong in these longer stages and won a reduced sprint stage last year in the Tour. Of the favourites Sagan at 7/1 for the win. He finished 4th in the similar stage last year. He nearly caught Griepel on the line in stage 2 so is very strong.
    its apparently drizzling over the cobbles - they might have more of an impact than thought.

the cobbles are one thing but the distance is another and their placement in the final 30 or so kms after 3 hard days of racing. I think there will still be gaps, 50 or so riders seems a little high, almost a third of the peloton?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭daramike

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    its apparently drizzling over the cobbles - they might have more of an impact than thought.

the cobbles are one thing but the distance is another and their placement in the final 30 or so kms after 3 hard days of racing. I think there will still be gaps, 50 or so riders seems a little high, almost a third of the peloton?

my prediction of 50 was loosely said, your right it will be less probably 20 to 30 if T Martin hasn't the stage won already;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,514 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

retalivity wrote: »
    Stage Matchups
    Contador to beat quintana
    Thomas to beat valverde
    Greipel to beat cav
    3.4 treble
    Contador the only one to come in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

GetWithIt wrote: »
    The current yellow jersey is 11/1 to still be in yellow after tomorrow's stage. I'm not saying he'll be contesting a sprint finish but those odds look wrong to me.
    The odds were wrong but a lose is a lose.

daramike wrote: »
    I think the cobbles are being over-estimated. They are not as hard as last year, we won't have anywhere near the bad weather and they are further from the finish. I expect a reduced sprint of 50 riders myself. I think Degenkolb, Kristoff, Sagan and Greipel are the big stand out favourites. B]B][B]T Martin is interesting at a big price 66/1. He finished top 20 las[/B[Bt year in the cobbles and has 13K after the last section to go for the win [/B]and yellow jersey[/B]. [/B]Trentin is my other outside pick at 66/1. Finished 9th in last years stage would have been higher only for a Kwiatkowski puncture. He is very strong in these longer stages and won a reduced sprint stage last year in the Tour. Of the favourites Sagan at 7/1 for the win. He finished 4th in the similar stage last year. He nearly caught Griepel on the line in stage 2 so is very strong.

Ah lovely worked out perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Double for tomorrow:

Greipel to beat Kristoff
    Dekenkolb to beat Bouhanni
    Odds of 12/5

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

spock. wrote: »
    Double for tomorrow:

Greipel to beat Kristoff
    Odds of 12/5

Looks fairly flat and straight forward tomorrow. I reckon Cav is the man.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote:
    Looks fairly flat and straight forward tomorrow. I reckon Cav is the man.

It will be interesting how focused Etixx are on Cavendish with the yellow jersey to defend.
    I fancy Greipel to do it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

i wonder will Greipel miss his lead out man Greg Henderson

weather is atrocious today. cross winds for first 100 kms in pissing rain

headwind final 90kms though so probably will be a bunch sprint in the rain.

Kristoff and Sagan for me today

Happy enough with Martin winning yesterday. I wouldn't touch Greipel to be honest with Henderson injured. Renshaw will lead Cav out if he waits long enough he wins this. Kristoff 7/1 and Bouhanni 10/1 are my 2 picks for today.

• Advertisement

**** forgot about Henderson. I didn't back Greipel anyway as he was too short but the double could be in trouble.

Double for tomorrow:

Greipel to beat Kristoff
    Odds of 12/5
    Boom!
    A bit sickened now that I didn't back Greipel for the win but I guess I got lucky with Bouhanni crashing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Coquard at 33s for tomorrow. Might see Bennett and martin involved

Boasson-Hagen @ 16/1 for me

Bennett e/w @ 150/1 aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Boasson-Hagen @ 16/1 for me

Bennett e/w @ 150/1 aswell.

That's crazy good value from Bet365. Bennett is 33/1 on PP, tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

two nice bets with paddys if u can get more than few quid on, boasson hagen to beat demare 6/4 paddys
    cimolai to beat bennett 6/5 paddys

manafana wrote: »
    two nice bets with paddys if u can get more than few quid on, boasson hagen to beat demare 6/4 paddys

Thanks for the heads up, I've jumped on both of those.

Cheers for that, Demare and Bennett are MIA so seems very good odds.

Taken the gorilla at 10/3 and degers at 9s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,514 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Went to check my pp account as theres nothing atanding out on bet365 matchups...and I'm limited to a max bet of €4 on each.

Screw you paddy!!

• Advertisement

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Cheers for that, Demare and Bennett are MIA so seems very good odds.

Taken the gorilla at 10/3 and degers at 9s

took sagan and degenkolb myself 5/1 and 12/1, but my main trader is the 80s i got on boassen hagen (with some 75s)

Janey, we were close to getting nothing at all from that!

Janey, we were close to getting nothing at all from that!

indeed, worse thing is pinnacle didn't go up last night before bed with prices so had small bets only on some 50:50 type bets at odds against with 365 with of course 4out5 there

Paddy power offering 13/8 on Talansky to beat Gallopin in the GC. He's two minutes or so behind but surely hats free money? Tony could well lose that tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Paddy power offering 13/8 on Talansky to beat Gallopin in the GC. He's two minutes or so behind but surely hats free money? Tony could well lose that tomorrow!

Depends on Talanskys frame of mind ...If he is up fo rit he can beat Gallopin easily esp in the Alps but he may thow in the towel on GC and go all out on satge wins and Gamin blowing the race apart

MPFG wrote: »
    Depends on Talanskys frame of mind ...If he is up fo rit he can beat Gallopin easily esp in the Alps but he may thow in the towel on GC and go all out on satge wins and Gamin blowing the race apart
    He lost a shed load of time today, glad I didn't take this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement