Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

new cars price guide sorted by bands..?

Options
  • 25-06-2008 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hi - friend of mine is looking for an auto in band A-D - they aren't car-people, anyone know of such a list or - somewhere I can point them that would have a list of all such vehicles, cat by band and not make/price/etc. cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I know the Focus 2.0 TDCI 6sp Powershift is in band C. As for a list....it'll just have to be a bit of elbow grease I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭geoff29

ninty9er wrote: »
    I know the Focus 2.0 TDCI 6sp Powershift is in band C. As for a list....it'll just have to be a bit of elbow grease I'm afraid.

funny that's exactly what I've recommended. Assuming it remains in C, I'll make that an estate thanks..

yeh thought such a list didnt exist but worth a shot

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

You would think one of the car sites would out together such a list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Perhaps they would if they had the full list, but a fair few makes still haven't released their July prices.

Focus Powershift is not an Automatic technically speaking either, but lets not go there with the technology;).

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

surely they know what cars they like, and what size they need. I wouldn't make the VRT and tax band the deciding factor.

• Advertisement

E92 wrote: »
    Focus Powershift is not an Automatic technically speaking either, but lets not go there with the technology;).

ah yeh but they can still put it in D - if I said it didnt have a torque converter - they'd probably ask is that an optional extra - then demand that it be on the car - and *then* ask what a torque converter is. As I said - not car people - not at all mechanically minded and that's putting it mildly...

colm - they couldnt give a damn. Prob just like the idea of paying 150 in tax I guess... they'd sooner buy a new car than go to the nct also.

anyway don't particularly wish to get involved in the whats best suited debate and all that - just wondering whether such a list had been compiled. Suppose Sunday Business Post or someone might do it at some point. Like you mentioned e92 - not til all data has been released. June 26th now - I really am surprised by the delay by some!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

How about a Prius?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    How about a Prius?

haha thats prob what theyl get you know! or the civic hybrid - 'a cute little thing' dont you love it!

Advertisement