Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Boy Racers Air Actuated Clutches?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

conneem-TT wrote: »
    You'd get more pleasure fitting out of fitting something like this, but it would probably get you in alot of trouble :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGYcnYLK_50&feature=user
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

I guess I'm illustrating my lack of knowledge now but what the hell is the story with the air brake sound that the toy racers (sorry..boy racers :D) seem to have on their Starlets (sorry......Glanza's) every time they use the clutch. I assume its some kind of air actuated clutch? If it is an air actuated clutch what is the advantage over a regular clutch?

Pass no heed of them hornet, shower of big bullies. I can see where you are coming from with the clutch thing. Obviously you heard the pisssst sound when the car was changing gear and assumed it was to do with the clutch. I hadn't a clue what the hell it was either for a long time and used to stare at the Glanza making it as it tore off up the street, all aerials and blue luminous under lighting with the standard skobie looking fecker behind the wheel. Just like everyone else on here i had to ask/learn/look it up to find out what it was and like most on here i looked stoopid when i asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Pass no heed of them hornet, shower of big bullies. I can see where you are coming from with the clutch thing. Obviously you heard the pisssst sound when the car was changing gear and assumed it was to do with the clutch. I hadn't a clue what the hell it was either for a long time and used to stare at the Glanza making it as it tore off up the street, all aerials and blue luminous under lighting with the standard skobie looking fecker behind the wheel. Just like everyone else on here i had to ask/learn/look it up to find out what it was and like most on here i looked stoopid when i asked.
    Yep. That was it Fossie. Assumed it was to do with the clutch because it coincided with the gear change.

You learn something new every day I suppose :).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

here's your air actuated clutch (@0.32)

Advertisement