Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New amp ?

Options
  • 15-09-2006 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭

Christmas is coming up ;) So I'm going to look for some money to go towards a new amp, looking for something that I can stick with for a few years If I decide to go for a major buy at some point down the road. I've heard good things about Engl, anyone got any recommendations ?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Depends on the style you play, what your budget is, and are you looking for a combo, or a head & cab setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

I'd recommend a Laney LC30. Class A all valve 30watt amp. Check out the Laney.co.uk site for more details then go to Adverts.ie we can do a deal. :)

Its a very versatile amp that will do almost everything(bar the really heavy metal) Its well loud enough and a very good price for what you get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

*customary ENGL reccomedation*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Well the style would be metal really, been playing about 2 years now so I'm alright but noting special :P budget would be about 3-500.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

One of these could suit your needs if that's your budget:
    http://www.thomann.de/thoiw6_peavey_valve_king_112_gitarrencombo_prodinfo.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Cheers for that !!

I'll definatly consider it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

fish-head wrote:
    One of these could suit your needs if that's your budget:
    http://www.thomann.de/thoiw6_peavey_valve_king_112_gitarrencombo_prodinfo.html

They're certainly good amps for the money, but I'd definetly budget for a tubescreamer aswell if you want a serious metal vibe. ;)

Although, if you can stretch to €759 then you can nab yourself an ENGL Thunder 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

ENGL thunder 50 ftw, its the last amp youll ever buy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

All i have to say is stick to a combo... Cos a head and cab is just so god damn awkward!!!

Advertisement