Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

oseia wrote: »
    Anyone know what hours the main building is open on a Sunday? Or every other day of the week?

Think the slopes front door is 24/7

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭oseia

What about Red Raisins (bar all the actual food places within it)?

I was in there one night at like 2am doing work and no one said anything to me so I think its fine :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

I've been in the main building all night before they only kick people out of red raisins sometime between 9 and 12 to clean it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Red Raisins is 24/7. Always plenty of people there pulling all nighters. It's a decent enough study space at night to be fair. I'd advise bringing an extension lead with you though, plugs are pretty scarce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Reiver

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Red Raisins is 24/7. Always plenty of people there pulling all nighters. It's a decent enough study space at night to be fair. I'd advise bringing an extension lead with you though, plugs are pretty scarce.

Bring warm clothes, maybe a flask. It gets cold there on the long nights.

Reiver wrote: »
    Bring warm clothes, maybe a flask. It gets cold there on the long nights.

Oh, and change for the vending machines for when that 4am slump hits. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Anyone know what the story is with the little stand of books in the red raisins? (Could well be gone by now, passed it on monday) Is it just a person selling them or are they for some club or soc or something? Hoping to get down to have a look at them tomorrow see if theres anything good in there

Leaving for COOP next semester and I don't wanna leave UL :( everyday it gets closer and its horrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Leaving for COOP next semester and I don't wanna leave UL :( everyday it gets closer and its horrible

Where are you going for co-op? Don't feel sad and anxious, co-op is a great opportunity, most people really enjoy it :)

• Advertisement

have you been placed yet? I had an interview last Thursday that I thought went really well but I haven't heard anything back yet.

Why do some people canoodle and also practically hump each other in the library? It makes everyone else so uncomfortable and practically queasy, I'm getting so annoyed with this one couple up here, on the edge of saying something..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Aragneer wrote: »
    on the edge of saying something..

I think the convention is to say, 'Get a room!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

Is there anywhere near campus where I can get passport photos done?

Is there anywhere near campus where I can get passport photos done?

They do them in the SU as far as I know.

I think there also used to be one of those booths in the main building, possibly in the C1 corridor? But I could be imagining things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    They do them in the SU as far as I know.

I think there also used to be one of those booths in the main building, possibly in the C1 corridor? But I could be imagining things.

Oh really? Thanks! :)

The one in that corridor said ''out of order'' last time I checked!

As far as I know the SU do them anyway. I think there's also a booth upstairs over by the Alumni shop (up the stairs, turn left and go through the double doors).

Not 100% sure now as I've never needed 'em, but worth popping in and asking. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Yep the SU do them for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭21 Schump Street

Can anyone tell me where the sociology department secretary's office is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

duckling10 wrote: »
    just wondering if anyone knows when the exams will be/are likely to be on before christmas this year. Looking at last years timetable, which was from Sat 06/12/2014 to Fri 19/12/2014, i am wondering if the exams will be maybe from sat 5th dec to fri 18th dec? or would there possibly be exams on Sat 19th Dec this year?
    I need to know for family reasons, thanks. d

It's held on between 5th and 18th of December. There won't be any exams before or after those dates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Sulis down?

Anyone know if buses are running from east gate today?.. Especially the mayo buses! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Anyone know if buses are running from east gate today?.. Especially the mayo buses! :)

Michael Moran's ones are anyway, 3 and 5pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭oseia

Corduffs are going at half 3 too.

Anyone else not able to log into their email?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Anyone else not able to log into their email?

Able to log in while on PC, but it won't log in on my phone through the email app. It's been like that for the past two weeks :/

iLaura wrote: »
    Able to log in while on PC, but it won't log in on my phone through the email app. It's been like that for the past two weeks :/

The email app on my phone has been intermittent for a good while and now I can't get into my email on the laptop either..

And a few days ago I couldn't get into sulis.... It's like I'm not supposed to do any work :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

You guys should set up your email to forward to a gmail account, that's the way I do it. You can set it so that when you can reply with your student email through gmail too. Never had any issues this way.

You guys should set up your email to forward to a gmail account, that's the way I do it. You can set it so that when you can reply with your student email through gmail too. Never had any issues this way.

I have mine set up that way too, which is good while out on teaching practice in case I get an email saying I'll be getting a visit. Though the student email going down ****s us over since we have to email tutors at least three times a week with reflections, lesson plans etc.

• Advertisement

Anyone elses email not accepting their password?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Going into week 9 now and still have no co op sorted for after christmas. Had 1 interview but that was un successful. What happens if I dont get co op?

Going into week 9 now and still have no co op sorted for after christmas. Had 1 interview but that was un successful. What happens if I dont get co op?

If you don't get Co-op, you'll need to do (I think) 3 modules in its place next semester. You'll get an email from the Co-op office asking you to attend a lecture about a week before the start of next semester, and you'll choose the modules there. The modules are marked on a Pass/Fail basis, have no bearing on your QCA, and are generally wholly irrelevant to your course (one of our options was Quantity Surveying (we're CSIS students)).

What I would say though, is don't lose hope. I literally got a job offer the morning in January as I was preparing to go into UL to choose those modules. Even if you end up starting the modules, you'll probably still get a few interviews during next semester, and if successful you don't need to complete the modules.

Provisional exam timetable is up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

iLaura wrote: »
    Provisional exam timetable is up.

On www.timetable.ul.ie? It's not for me.

Daniel S wrote: »
    On www.timetable.ul.ie? It's not for me.

Yup. Its there for me and the bf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

There now. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Typical that I only have two exams and they're on the last days :(

I thankfully have no exams, but I have an assignment and teaching practice to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

I have five exams but I finish on the 15th so it's not too bad. I hate that I have Saturday exams, it means I have to stay in Limerick for the 3 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭FameHungry

I start on the 10th, finish on the 15th. That's pretty decent imo, happy about that.

• Advertisement

Hey guys,

Anyone know what bus to get from UL to go to The Crescent?
    Do I have to take two buses and where at The Crescent will it drop me off??

Thank you!

Hey guys,

Thank you!

Most 304's from UL go to city centre then out to crescent. If it stops in city centre and he says that's the last stop just get the next 304 outside debenhams on the Same ticket. But usually it'll just stop in city centre to collect people and then carry on. Get off at the first stop after the massive bridge over the motorway. You'll be able to see the crescent anyways :)

Most 304's from UL go to city centre then out to crescent. If it stops in city centre and he says that's the last stop just get the next 304 outside debenhams on the Same ticket. But usually it'll just stop in city centre to collect people and then carry on. Get off at the first stop after the massive bridge over the motorway. You'll be able to see the crescent anyways :)

Thank you so much :D Starting a new job out there, which is making me nervous enough without having to panic about public transport! Hahaha!
    Thanks again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Hey guys,

Thank you!

Take the 304 from The Stables. It'll drop you at the front of the Crescent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Thank you so much :D Starting a new job out there, which is making me nervous enough without having to panic about public transport! Hahaha!
    Thanks again :D

Depending on traffic. The bus from UL to the Cresent Shopping Centre could take awhile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Hey guys,

Thank you!

Having taken the 304 to that area for a couple of months, all I can say is avoid it in the evening. It's ok in the morning, but in the evening prepare for 60-90 minute journeys home.

Owen_S wrote: »
    Having taken the 304 to that area for a couple of months, all I can say is avoid it in the evening. It's ok in the morning, but in the evening prepare for 60-90 minute journeys home.

I have work at 6, was thinking of getting the bus at 4, do you think this will give me enough time or should I add 30 mins on to it? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Owen_S wrote: »

90 minutes, jaysus you'd walk it in that. might be worth investing in a bike and get fit while at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

I have work at 6, was thinking of getting the bus at 4, do you think this will give me enough time or should I add 30 mins on to it? :)

The traffic isn't the problem. Bus Eireann are notorious for showing up when they should so arrive 15mins before the bus should arrive but do be prepared to wait for up to an hour for the same bus to show up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    The traffic isn't the problem. Bus Eireann are notorious for showing up when they should so arrive 15mins before the bus should arrive but do be prepared to wait for up to an hour for the same bus to show up

I agree with this, especially on a Sunday. Took 90 minutes to get from Colbert Station to UL, simply because the 304 didn't show. Once it did, it only took me into the city and I had to wait about an hour for another one :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement