Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUSI For Internationals

Options
  • 25-09-2015 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

I was granted the SUSI bursary ("Awarded granted" on online application) a few months ago, yet I haven't received any money and college starts in a few days, I'm not in a rush but I'd like to kinda have my mind off it.

I contacted SUSI and they said that I had made some amendments (which I did) that they are "currently dealing" with. I am really worried about this because they could take at least 4 months "dealing" with my amendments .

Just wondering if any other Irish student studying abroad have received their grants?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Tet2015 wrote: »
    I was granted the SUSI bursary ("Awarded granted" on online application) a few months ago, yet I haven't received any money and college starts in a few days, I'm not in a rush but I'd like to kinda have my mind off it.

I contacted SUSI and they said that I had made some amendments (which I did) that they are "currently dealing" with. I am really worried about this because they could take at least 4 months "dealing" with my amendments .

Just wondering if any other Irish student studying abroad have received their grants?

Studying abroad you only get the maintenance part of the grant and not the fees.
    The first payment of the maintenance wouldn't be until October, but if you've made amendments this late on, your application would be a good few weeks to be re-assessed. I'm sure SUSI would be now awarding all the applicants that were straight forward applications to finalise as many as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Tet2015

Sup08 wrote: »
    Studying abroad you only get the maintenance part of the grant and not the fees.
    The first payment of the maintenance wouldn't be until October, but if you've made amendments this late on, your application would be a good few weeks to be re-assessed. I'm sure SUSI would be now awarding all the applicants that were straight forward applications to finalise as many as possible.

You're absolutely right Spurious, I didn't even consider looking at it from SUSI's perspective, thanks!

Advertisement