Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Susi Grant - HELP!

Options
  • 17-09-2015 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi I started a fetac level 5 course as a mature student last year, with the intention of using it to gain a foundation education in a certain field and then applying to level 8 courses in the same field as a mature applicant, not based on my fetac results.
    The PLC college i attended was a good distance from my home and after losing my means of transportation a little into the year, it became hard to attend the course on a regular basis. I was still in contact with my tutors a lot, recieved my coursework, attended occasionaly but chose to do a lot of the work at home. the coursework mounted up towards the end and i only ended up completing 2 modules but felt i got the basic knowledge i wanted.
    I got accepted to do a level 8 course this year and submitted my application to SUSI which is now awaiting final assessment but I'm a little worried after reading stories of refusal online. I thought that since i'm applying at a Higher level, I'm "progressing" through the NFQ and should be eligible but I'm not sure this is the case now. Am i eligible?
    Very worried and nervous at the moment any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Vinzilla wrote: »
    Hi I started a fetac level 5 course as a mature student last year, with the intention of using it to gain a foundation education in a certain field and then applying to level 8 courses in the same field as a mature applicant, not based on my fetac results.
    The PLC college i attended was a good distance from my home and after losing my means of transportation a little into the year, it became hard to attend the course on a regular basis. I was still in contact with my tutors a lot, recieved my coursework, attended occasionaly but chose to do a lot of the work at home. the coursework mounted up towards the end and i only ended up completing 2 modules but felt i got the basic knowledge i wanted.
    I got accepted to do a level 8 course this year and submitted my application to SUSI which is now awaiting final assessment but I'm a little worried after reading stories of refusal online. I thought that since i'm applying at a Higher level, I'm "progressing" through the NFQ and should be eligible but I'm not sure this is the case now. Am i eligible?
    Very worried and nervous at the moment any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

As long as you haven't previously attended a previous Undergraduate Course you are progressing and no need to worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Vinzilla

Sup08 wrote: »
    As long as you haven't previously attended a previous Undergraduate Course you are progressing and no need to worry about it.

Thanks for the help, was sure it applied to level 5 also, big weight off my mind.

Advertisement