Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So this happened.

• 19-04-2015 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭

UL website is hacked. Another powerful vehicle of war has been crushed via hacking.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

UL?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Ultra Lovers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

http://www.ul.ie/

Looks fine to me.

Do they have a different internet in Limerick perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

The unstoppable, unfeeling blood thirsty war machine that is the University of Limerick?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Site's down now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

No doubt it was just a script kiddie or two who found a default account that didn't have it's password changed or some student who shoulder surfed a middle aged professor.

I can't imagine anyone in the world, ever, changing their political opinions based on l33t speak on a defaced website. Least of all a University website used almost exclusively by students of said University. 'Gee, I tried to log in and take that quiz over the weekend, but some douchbags from the middle east hacked into it and took it down. I'll TOTALLY be more open minded about them in the future'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,450 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Too lazy for a protest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

"Tell your Gov to know about Palestine"

I rang Enda and apparently he knows about Palestine already, says he read about it in his Geography book in school. All sorted. No need for more hacking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭telecaster

UCDVet wrote: »

I can't imagine anyone in the world, ever, changing their political opinions based on l33t speak on a defaced website.

I don't think that's the intent. It's more a cyberwar show of strength. Attacking institutions such as universities plants a seed of doubt as to how sturdy other online institutions are - such as banking websites. It undermines the economy by making people doubt whether they are safe to transact online. Fear and doubt can have massive effects on a societal behaviour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,450 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

telecaster wrote: »
    I don't think that's the intent. It's more a cyberwar show of strength. Attacking institutions such as universities plants a seed of doubt as to how sturdy other online institutions are - such as banking websites. It undermines the economy by making people doubt whether they are safe to transact online. Fear and doubt can have massive effects on a societal behaviour.

Optimistic I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Site's down now.
    Probably three people on it at once for the first time ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yes because defacing an Irish university site does wonders for the Palestinian struggle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

This seems to be the attackers homepage

(DISCLAIMER - Visit at your own risk, but it looks pretty benign)
    http://www.elmoujahidin.net/

Yawn....

Here.

Is this in 3D. The red jumps out of the screen!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Advertisement