Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M & S Return Policy

Options
  • 03-08-2013 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Hi, I ordered clothes from M&S online as it was handy to choose the clothes and have them delivered to my local store.

I picked them up today and tried them on- the sizes are way too big. I'm male and always buy Large, these "large" jumpers, polo shirts are XXL in my opinion, they would fit an extremely obese man and still have spare room.

So I said to myself that I'd return them to the store but saw on the docket that I have to return them by post to Dublin if purchased online, which I never expected. It'll cost more than a tenner to send them back.

Is there anyway to make the store take them back does anyone know? I can't exchange them for smaller sizes as they'll be too short if I go for medium, my issue is with how wide they all are.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Do you not read the website you bought it from - surely that's where you would get the correct answer.??

Less than 2 seconds on the m&s site and under "Returns" (wow that was difficult) this is stated

"Can I return my order to a local store for a refund or exchange?
    minus
    Take the item to any ROI Marks & Spencer store (excluding Simply Food stores). Please take this parcel summary with you. Refunds for any items received as a gift will be given in the form of a credit receipt (to be used within 12 months). If you do not have the parcel summary you will receive the last known price of the item in the form of a credit receipt."

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

M&S are very accommodating. I've purchased many times from their website, with store collection, and I'm always reminded that I can just bring them back to the store for a refund if they don't fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I often buy from Marks and Spencer online and if I need to return items I always return them to my local store. You just need to bring the docket that came with the parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Thanks guys, I'll return them today so. Was worried as the docket stated that online bought clothes had to be returned by registered post, which would cost a small fortune.

Sandin- thanks for your help but the attitude is not appreciated and its very unnecessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

M&S return policies (in store anyway) are pretty much the best out there. I used to work there and we were pretty much trained to take anything back that customers brought in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

kaji wrote: »
    Thanks guys, I'll return them today so. Was worried as the docket stated that online bought clothes had to be returned by registered post, which would cost a small fortune.

Sandin- thanks for your help but the attitude is not appreciated and its very unnecessary.

Apologies for the attitude, but I don;t know why the question was asked as the M&S site gives very clear policy on this and it was easy to find.

I just never understand why so many people ask questions on forums, wait hours/days for what in many cases can be wrong / confusing answers when the answer is dreadfully easy to find on the exact site they were asking the question of!

Surely if a site with a reputation like M&S state that you can bring it back to a store, then you can take it that there will be no issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

No problem, thanks again Sandin. I just was unsure as their website stated one thing and their docket stated another.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

kaji wrote: »
    No problem, thanks again Sandin. I just was unsure as their website stated one thing and their docket stated another.

Might be worth dropping a e-mail to M&S highlighting this conflicting information

Advertisement