Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

sports saloon/estate to 45k

Options
  • 25-06-2008 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭

hi,

helping friend spend 45k - needs to be fairly pratical (hence estate is option)- auto - reasonably good to drive 0 or newer ( wants a km speedo )

he'd rather go a few years back for quality (brand sensitive) rather than new.

thinking 06 525d anyone any outside the box suggestions ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

If you want outside the box, I just collected a new Subaru Forester 2.5XT auto today for €35,000. It's not huge inside, but other than that it's about as practical as it gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭sk8board

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Audi/A8/3.0-TDI/1006908/
    no need for an estate with this one

or:
    http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/BMW/535/d-Sport/1087386/

not sure is this a bit bling for outside the box (but then you have a massive choice of them):
    http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Land-Rover/Range-Rover/3.0-D/1033597/

EDIT: I searched carzone for any car in the 45-49k bracket (you should get great discount at those levels)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

530d is a beast, best of the best imo , alot of performance, estate is the bees-knees though going to england is your only choice unless you like having your genitals removed by the salesman then by all means buy over here...

5 serise estate is rare and understated !

getting a 04 onwards should be no issue at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

No contest. 535d. With a re-map you can get it to do this:D. Even though I hate diesel, not least because I value my health, it's hard to argue with that kind of performance and an average fuel consumption of 35-40 mpg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

E92 wrote: »
    No contest. 535d. With a re-map you can get it to do this:D. Even though I hate diesel, not least because I value my health, it's hard to argue with that kind of performance and an average fuel consumption of 35-40 mpg.

You can always just put your hatred of diesel in your sig to save yourself typing it so often.

But agreed on the 535d, it's a cracking car. There are some nice estates on the market now though. I don't know whether they are making them nicer, or if it's because I've turned 30, but they are really growing on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

thanks guys.

yea 535 is about it aint it - personally I don't like the m sport saloon but love the m sport estate ( don't ask )

Some good options there - not sure the V70 or Rangie are what I would call a sports saloons/estates, and the S4 is not an Auto, plus he'd not plump for 4.2 me thinks.

I forgot to add he has a trade in I value at about 20k, I know well going to UK would be the best option but unless he gets a buyer for his own which is unlikely -then thats that.

Will take him to see the A8 - its a monster.

I suggested the Forester to him and he shot it down straight away. I for one like them - he doesn't, no valid reason - just no!

Advertisement