Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Guitar!

Options
  • 18-09-2006 10:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Yeah so i was over in Edinburgh the weekend and i couldnt help myself. No actual pics yeah but ill get em this week. these are just pics i found of it online.

ultraIII_blk.jpg

Schecter_UltraIII.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Interesting. Nice and different. How's the Bigsby?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Its nice, i kinda want the arm to come up further you know? it plays real nice. and you can get great sounds from the 3 pickups. The killswitches are nice too, all coil tapped also.

Cool. I hadn't seen that one before. Is it a new model?

dont know, i've never seen it bar the website. i seen the ultra regular in the states but never the III.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

very cool
    what was the name of the shop you got it in ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I like the look of that a lot I must say. How much did it set you back if you don't mind me asking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Jesus H Christ on a flying nuclear powered bicycle, that is cool!
    Wonderfully quirky, that thing'll get you noticed!

What i paid for it is a secret im afraid. Bought it in Edinburgh, cant remember the name of the shop. Had a great range of Schecter which is my guitar of choice. Finding a hard case for it is gonna be a nightmare. Schecter make em but they are hard to find. Might have to mod a normal flat case.

bombidol wrote:
    What i paid for it is a secret im afraid.

Is it CIA stash or something?

It is indeed. put it this way. The suggested retail price on the schecter site is about 850 Dollars.

• Advertisement

Check out this guy on ebay, he deals with a lot of Schecter stuff straight out of the factory, it seems, he might be able to sort you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

It's similarly shaped to an Eastwood guitar, namely the Airline copies. They may do one for ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Doctor J wrote:
    Check out this guy on ebay, he deals with a lot of Schecter stuff straight out of the factory, it seems, he might be able to sort you out.

I've got that guy on my watch list incase a C-7 Blackjack pops up. ;)

Doctor J wrote:

He has an Ultra III as well at not a bad price. Not a nice colour though, Bombidol's is much nicer.

4b_12.JPG

the colour is puke worthy

If it wasn't glossy it might be passable but as it is, yes vomit city.

I just restringed this thing. holy hell it was epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

pyure wrote:
    very cool
    what was the name of the shop you got it in ?

the shop is called Sound Control. Its in grassmarket, near the Royal Mile about ten mins from the castle.

Was in the with my mate last june, great selection, i ended buying a Schecter Gryphon diamond series and my mate got the Blackjack 7 string. Well not in that shop, ebay :)

-V-

thats the one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

thanks for that, going over next week so ill drop in and have a look

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

theres another shop a little way out of the town, ya have to take a bus, the place is called GuitarGuitar. is on St Johns road if i remember right.

When my other mates took a tour of the highlands, me and beecher took a tour of guitar shops :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

the shop is called Sound Control. Its in grassmarket, near the Royal Mile about ten mins from the castle.

Was in the with my mate last june, great selection, i ended buying a Schecter Gryphon diamond series and my mate got the Blackjack 7 string. Well not in that shop, ebay :)

-V-

Haha that was a great day! Dont forget that sandwich shop outside soundcontrol, best ham and cheese sandwich ever!! :D

one of the best mexican restaurants ever is in edinburgh. Viva Mexico

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

bombidol wrote:
    one of the best mexican restaurants ever is in edinburgh. Viva Mexico

[Off-topic] There was this savage restaurant over there, cant remember the name of it now, but its was only £5 for a large burger with cheese and bacon, chips, onion rings and a beer! Fantastic stuff. Maybe Vengeance52 remembers? [/Off-topic]

[On-topic] Savage looking guitar bro :D [/On-topic]

im tellin ye lads, restringing this bitch was a ****ing ordeal. jasus, took the guts of an hour. feckin bigsby

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

By god thats one sexy ass guitar, never seen it before EVER itl deffo get you noticed no problem. It looks to me like a jag mixed in with a firebird or somthing. Very sexy man good going.

Now to replace all the pickups with INVADERS!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

bombidol wrote:
    Now to replace all the pickups with INVADERS!
    Way to ruin a deadly guitar! Three invaders??! Is the schecter even routed for full size HB's?

Advertisement