Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any fighters have a video of your first fight?

Options
  • 02-04-2015 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

I love watching amateur MMA, does anyone feel like posting a link to their fights? MMA debuts would be fun to watch but any fight will do. I'm not here to criticize (you're probably more experienced than me anyway) I just want to see some fights

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

I love watching amateur MMA, does anyone feel like posting a link to their fights? MMA debuts would be fun to watch but any fight will do. I'm not here to criticize (you're probably more experienced than me anyway) I just want to see some fights

Why the debut?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Ye I do but it's embarrassing how easily I got my ass kicked

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭dancingchicken

Saipanne wrote: »
    Why the debut?

Its always interesting to see someones first fight. I haven't had an MMA fight yet so it would be nice to see what I'll be up against

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Ye I do but it's embarrassing how easily I got my ass kicked

There's nothing embarrassing about losing a fight. Everyone loses, at least you had the balls to step in there in the first place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,098 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

My first fight was filmed for a tv show. But I dont a copy of it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Mellor wrote: »
    My first fight was filmed for a tv show. But I dont a copy of it yet.

Crimeline?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,555 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

No shame at all in how a fight pans out its 50/50 someone has to lose
    You have to brave to step in there and anyone that does should get full respect no matter what happens .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

http://youtu.be/dmxZQMXP65I

That was mine. I'm on my phone so I can't embed it. A few cringey things, but they'be been ironed out since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Clive wrote: »
    http://youtu.be/dmxZQMXP65I

That was mine. I'm on my phone so I can't embed it. A few cringey things, but they'be been ironed out since.

The old RoT days in the Ringside Club..

I think I still have those DVD's somewhere about the house.

• Advertisement

Great fight, both of you really went for it. Were you the winner ya? What weight was that fight at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

Great fight, both of you really went for it. Were you the winner ya? What weight was that fight at?

That was me alright. It was at middleweight, which was 85kg at the time, before we moved away from the metric system!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

That was me alright. It was at middleweight, which was 85kg at the time, before we moved away from the metric system!

Is the metric system still not used for fighters weights ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

The old RoT days in the Ringside Club..

I think I still have those DVD's somewhere about the house.

See the comment about SBG under it, Christ:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Nice knee, one must hespect posture in the clinch!

Here are some of my fights.

Second fight. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJyXwv63I0g (win)
    Third fight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4IcbWpCcBQ just first 2 rds (loss - lost by dec, third was v close, back and forth but he took it fair and square - gutted I gave my back in the second and threw away the rd defending the choke)

Working on my striking a lot, gonna take names this year if all goes well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Advertisement