Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DART not running this morning (15/08/2012)

• 15-08-2012 12:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what the story is with the DART not running this morning, and if they are back running?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

As per the Irish Rail website:

15 August 2012
    DARTs are suspended between Tara Street and Clontarf Road due to a mechanical fault on a train north of Connolly. Dublin Bus are accepting rail tickets for affected customers.
    In addition Northern, Maynooth and M3 Commuter services are operating but with delays up to 40 mins. The mechanical fault north of Connolly is with the pantograph (the extending arm on the DART which connects with the overhead wires) and may have caused overhead wire damage also.

Iarnrod Éireann apologises for the inconvenience caused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

It wasn't a total cancellation - my normal Dart ran as normal, just as well I hadn't checked twitter beforehand as it would have been rather confusing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

It wasn't a total cancellation - my normal Dart ran as normal, just as well I hadn't checked twitter beforehand as it would have been rather confusing.

Ah right ok, it was cacelled out by me (Killiney), so was just wondering for later on

Cheers for the replies!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Services are now resuming between Tara Street and Clontarf Road. Just as well for me later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭bikeman1

09:00 Malahide cancelled. The 09:12 Commuter behind, was a four car. We then had an additional stop at Clongriffin to pick up the affected dart passengers. That's where it all got worse.

I was travelling to Clontarf Rd. A dart was sitting at plat 1 in Howth Junction, which I boarded. After 09:20 we moved off ahead of the Drogheda that I got off. It then took 65 minutes to get to Clontarf where the Dart terminated at 10:25. That must be a record slow journey for a distance of just over 3 miles.

A very messy morning, with no information forthcoming at Malahide station on the known delays ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭thomasj

And darts are back suspended tonight, this time between lansdowne road and dun laoghaire due to a fallen tree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭Sempai

Lines reopened between Lansdowne Rd and Dun Laoghaire with delays - 35mins or so according to the app

Advertisement