Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to buy Marriage Equality Merchandise?

• 19-04-2015 8:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭

hi guys,

I have some relatives who live abroad, now in their 60s, who left Ireland for a better future, in no small part to the fact that they were homosexual and felt as if they couldn't stay here.

I would love to get some Marriage Equality Merchandise to buy and send to them. I know that they really appreciate the inroads that have been made by Irish society since they left the country initially, and I think to see this referendum in their lifetime is a pretty special thing.

They don't use the internet so would not be aware of the social media campaigns.

Can anybody direct me to places where I can buy such products, (online preferably as I can't travel much). Preferably products that actually are sold for genuine fundraising for genuine organisations (I like to feel that my money will be helping the cause too!)

Also, there was a book published last year about the decriminalisation of homosexuality in Ireland, I was thinking about getting her that too, but I can't remember the name or the author and internet searches are just bringing me to articles.

Ta very much!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

https://yesequality.myshopify.com/

All monies raised goes back into the Yes campaign

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

many thanks for that - I've ordered some stuff, but the other products like the t-shirts in the size I'd need and car window stickers are all (happily for them I suppose!) sold out!

Any other places?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,594 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Yes any other places? I've been trying to get stuff . Outhouse and other lgbt bars are selling badges, I know that..selling or giving for a donation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Is Una Mullaly the book author?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Is Una Mullaly the book author?

Yes! Have you read it? What do you think of it as a gift?

• Advertisement

Yes! Have you read it? What do you think of it as a gift?

No. I havent read it I've heard its good but a bit inaccurate in parts

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

So are there any more places selling things?

The yes equality shop is sold out.

I used my bag yesterday and two people happily shouted "yes to Equality!" when They saw me with it when I dropped my kid to school

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

So are there any more places selling things?

The yes equality shop is sold out.

I think they have merch tables at the meetings they're setting up around the country - I'm hoping they restock online too, I'd buy a couple of t-shirts and badges to give out.
    I used my bag yesterday and two people happily shouted "yes to Equality!" when They saw me with it when I dropped my kid to school

I got one of the totes too and got a couple of thumbs up out and about (and in a small town). Unexpected and awesome.

There is a yes equality shop opening (next week I think) in St. Stephen's Green Shopping Centre. (Unit C6, ground floor, Stephen's Green SC (beside Meteor Shop)

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,594 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

There is a yes equality shop opening (next week I think) in St. Stephen's Green Shopping Centre. (Unit C6, ground floor, Stephen's Green SC (beside Meteor Shop)

Great news!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I heard it's possible to buy badges and the like in the George.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Looks like the online shop has restocked some. The car stickers are still sold out, but I was able to get a t-shirt!

Advertisement