Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Jenner interview

Options
  • 25-04-2015 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Has anyone caught up on the interview Bruce and Diane shared for ABC re his transitioning into a female?

Having just watched it, I can say some very powerful things come to light in it. And the footage of his recent spiffs with the paps were very disheartening. Hopefully he'll find peace within himself.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭hopgog

Ash885 wrote: »
    Has anyone caught up on the interview Bruce and Diane shared for ABC re his transitioning into a female?

Having just watched it, I can say some very powerful things come to light in it. And the footage of his recent spiffs with the paps were very disheartening. Hopefully he'll find peace within himself.

Thanks for using correct pronouns.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

Well in the interview Bruce has stated to use the pronouns of male/him/his to refer to him. Only doing as he asks. Did you watch the interview?

Well in the interview Bruce has stated to use the pronouns of male/him/his to refer to him. Only doing as he asks. Did you watch the interview?

That's cause he realises he will always be biologicaly male and male pronouns are the correct terms for a mtf

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

hopgog wrote: »
    That's cause he realises he will always be biologicaly male and male pronouns are the correct terms for a mtf

Incorrect. If you had watched the interview, which you clearly haven't, there are many times both Diane and Bruce talk about his soon to be female form, where he says that then he will be using female pronouns. However due to his family's hesitation to talk about his transition, he said for now to use male pronouns.

There are links all around the web for it, it's worth watching :)

Incorrect. If you had watched the interview, which you clearly haven't, there are many times both Diane and Bruce talk about his soon to be female form, where he says that then he will be using female pronouns. However due to his family's hesitation to talk about his transition, he said for now to use male pronouns.

There are links all around the web for it, it's worth watching :)

Either he was always "female" and he should not be uncomfortable using female pronouns but it seems he realises he will alway be male. Many trans use female prounouns before they do anything even with 5 o clock shadow he knows he will always really be a man so asked for male pronouns.

Which I respect more then the delusional ones that want you to use female pronouns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Mod: We respect everybody's pronouns and identities here, cause that's the sound thing to do.

If someone refers to themselves as female, they are, who are you to tell them different.

Mod: We respect everybody's pronouns and identities here, cause that's the sound thing to do.

If someone refers to themselves as female, they are, who are you to tell them different.

You you respect otherkin and call them by their animal name and pronouns? But any way bruce say he is a he so he and I have being using correct pronouns in this thread, I am respecting bruce.

Thanks for telling me I am doing the sound thing

• Registered Users Posts: 40,851 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Hopgog banned for 3 breaches of charter transphobia, trolling and arguing with moderator

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

I've just watched it.

I liked Bruce on the kardashians, and I was really intrigued to hear the interview.

I found Bruce / Her to be completely charming, vulnerable yet strong, the "Dad" I recognise from telly and yet utterly utterly feminine.

I wish Her a lifetime of happiness and security.

And I hope the jokes stop.

(Apologies if I have used the wrong pronouns. I know that's important abd I tried to use the ones from the interview).

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Madame_Diem

Jenner is transitioning at 65 I believe, with an ex wife and kids and kitchen sink and all. Its very late in life imo. But who knows. These golden years may be Jenners Golden days. Hopefully it all works out well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

I should have known better than to read the AH thread about her Vanity Fair cover. I don't know enough about trans issues as I should, so therefore I have this wacky notion of taking the opinions of the professionals and people who've experienced it as a good commentary.

Advertisement