Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas Customer Care - Changed from FREEPHONE to 1850

Options
  • 20-04-2015 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭

There's customer service for you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Please tell me there's a landline number too so that people can make such a call out of their bundle minutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Aard wrote: »
    Please tell me there's a landline number too so that people can make such a call out of their bundle minutes?

Doesn't appear to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Still have freephone logo up on website -disgrace!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Mobile and landline operators shouldn't be allowed to exclude 1850, 1890, 0818 or 076 from bundles packages!

ComReg needs to act on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

There's customer service for you.

Is that to stop/dissuade people from complaining about anti-social behaviour or because the volume of complaint calls was costing them too much?

I was on the Luas this evening between Red Cow and Abbey St and a real rough looking junkie boarded at Blackhorse and proceeded to go through the tram begging, his eye was closed up and swollen as if he had been punched or fallen over. People don't need to be looking at that on their journey. luas ticket checkers were camped out at the red cow, it appears they only go between red cow and Belgard after about 6pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Still have freephone logo up on website -disgrace!

For posterity, the Freephone number that costs you money:

luas.png

Hah! Wonder how long before the freepost needs a stamp? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭trellheim

complain them to NTA

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

SpaceTime wrote: »
    Mobile and landline operators shouldn't be allowed to exclude 1850, 1890, 0818 or 076 from bundles packages!

Cost appears to be Operator dependent...I would suggest that this is counter to the NTA's policy on Transport Operator Contact...

http://www.askcomreg.ie/home_phone/what_is_a_locall_number.1.138.LE.asp

Worth chasing up nonetheless ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Cost appears to be Operator dependent...I would suggest that this is counter to the NTA's policy on Transport Operator Contact...
    Irish Rail use a 1850 number. Dublin Bus use a Dublin number (01) and Bus Eireann use the number for the actual garages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

SpaceTime wrote: »

Or at least require companies to have an 01 or local area code number. Not even 48 allow you to call a premium number service.

Its all about ensuring the customer doesnt call them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    Irish Rail use a 1850 number. Dublin Bus use a Dublin number (01) and Bus Eireann use the number for the actual garages.

Irish Rail offer both 1850 and a Dublin 01 number
    Customer Contact Centre Hours

Please call our Customer Contact Centre on LoCall 1850 366 222 (or +353 (0)1 8366222 from outside Rep. of Ireland)

08:30hrs - 18:00hrs Monday to Friday (Times exclude public holidays).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Customer Contact Centre Hours

Please call our Customer Contact Centre on LoCall 1850 366 222 (or +353 (0)1 8366222 from outside Rep. of Ireland)

08:30hrs - 18:00hrs Monday to Friday (Times exclude public holidays).

Gas the way they still try to suggest that the Dublin number is for people outside the country. Always trying to get the revenue from the 1850! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Do 1850 numbers bring in money for the company whose number it is?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Aard wrote: »
    Do 1850 numbers bring in money for the company whose number it is?

It only charges for a connection fee. So doesn't matter how long you are on the line for. The main issue with it, is that the charges are determined by your service provider. So I'm unsure if much of anything goes to funding the call centre. I expect they do it to curb down on people calling them for the sake of them having a freephone number.

Advertisement