Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Restaurant recommendation ?

• 31-03-2015 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭

Picking up a friend from Shannon Airport on Sunday around 6 - - any recommendations on somewhere to stop for some nice food on route back to cork city from the airport ?

thx!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Personally I'd go straight to JP Clarke's in Bunratty, but other options could be The Creamery or Bunratty Castle Hotel in Bunratty, both very nice.

Besides there you'll probably be a bit late on a Sunday evening so just stop anywhere that's open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭whatever76

cool thanks !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭mick121

creamery in bunratty serves till 8.30pm.i eat there regulary,good food,and good staff very enjoyable

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭banner gal

JpClarkes can be very busy, especailly on bank holiday, Bunratty manor across the road is lovely or Zest in the shannon town centre do good food too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Second for Zest in Shannon Town Centre....would probably be quieter than JP Clarkes given the weekend....and always great food too :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Last time I collected someone from Shannon we went to McDonalds. Try them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭finbarrk

There is a good spot in Charleville. I think it's called The Four Winds or something like that. We have stopped there a few times when travelling to Cork.

thanks all - went with JP Clarks in the end but sorry to say was disappointed ... don't know if it was day that was in it being easter or bad choices but food wasn't great now if I be honest - bland and tasteless. Ah well .... will try creamery if every I am in that direction again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

whatever76 wrote: »
    thanks all - went with JP Clarks in the end but sorry to say was disappointed ... don't know if it was day that was in it being easter or bad choices but food wasn't great now if I be honest - bland and tasteless. Ah well .... will try creamery if every I am in that direction again.

Have been to JP's many times as I live locally, it is largely over rated. Bland and tasteless is about right...it is always busy though which I have never understood. Their main restaurant Gallaghers, is much nicer and has just had a revamop but would be more evening meals rather than quick bite.

The Manor across the road is much better, not a big fan of the Creamery either tbh. Also if its daytime, the coffee shop in Meadows and Byrnes does some really nice food, but in a bistro style..soup , salads, few main courses. Much cheaper and definitely tastier,.

thanks Vkid - glad it wasn't just me so with regards my thoughts on the food there. Even the chips were not great ; <!
    - Shall keep your other recommendations in mind for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Sorry about that, I've never had a bad meal there but it has been a while since I was there.

god no worries - my choice in the end as I looked at all options !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

whatever76 wrote: »

I wouldn't bother with the Creamery either. These places are over priced tourist traps.

Zest in Shannon was mentioned already, its clientele are locals and people working in the industrial estates nearby so they need to keep standards up to keep the customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭golfball37

The manor is the only daycent place left to eat in Bunratty and even that has gone down slightly from its peak a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

I've eaten there about once a month on average for the last few years as it was an ideal place to go when friends and family were visiting.

I've really noticed that the place is starting to go downhill though :(

The last few times that we were there we had issues with slow service and items ordered not being brought to the table and having to ask for them again.

The menu also had typo's on it which is ridiculous as it was prob done on a pc with a spellchecker.

The food has also nosedived a bit with the starters getting smaller and smaller and the last time I was there the sticky toffee pudding was burned too.

This weekend I'm off to Bunratty Manor so will let you know how I get on!

Advertisement