Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinions needed!

• 19-07-2006 9:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

A couple of weeks ago I drove to the QuickPark car park on the Swords Road as I was catching a flight. It was full so I drove up to the GREEN and RED long term car park which is beside Alsaa. There were a line of workers there turning people away and saying that the car parks were closed....not full, just closed. They told me about the BLUE car park which was behind the airport. As I wasn't too sure of how to get there or how long it would take, I couldnt take the chance and risk missing my flight. So I eneded up having to park in the Short Term Car park. As a result for a 30 hour stay I had to pay €60

Although I mentioned the QuickPark, I know that this is a private car park and fair enough it was full. Before I set out on my journey I did check the Dublin Airport website and there was no mention of their GREEN and RED car parks being closed. Having parked there many times before I have never had a problem. This was at 9.30am on a Saturday morning.

I've written to them via their comments form on the website twice but havent got a reply and at this stage I don't expect one. However I now want to write a letter. As a matter of principal I want to claim back the difference of what I paid in the short term car park and what I would have paid in the long term car park. This works out at €43
    It's not actually about the money and I will even suggest that they give the difference to a charity of their choice, however I feel hard done by. If there was a prior warning on their website then I would have taken public transport.

Do you think I'm being unreasonable?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

They are under no obligation to publish car park details on their website. Where is it on their website when they have car parking info updated? You were given the option of parking in the blue car park which is very well sign posted. Tough luck I'm afraid, can't see many of the general public having sympathy for you, so doubt the DAA would.

Next time give yourself enough time, ie assume the worse case.

For future reference Car Park Information Line 1800 204010.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭pleba

I'm definately not looking for sympathy, however I do feel as a customer of DAA they should have used any means possible to inform me and all customers of this closure. This is what I want to point out to them so that they can correct it in the future. Yes they did mention the blue car park but having queued at the RED/GREEN one for 5 minutes to be then told it was closed, and not knowing how to get to the BLUE one it would have been too risky to attempt it. I'd also like from them an explanation as to why two-thirds of their long term car parks were closed on a busy Saturday in the middle of the summer.
    Bluetonic wrote:
    For future reference Car Park Information Line 1800 204010.

Thanks for that. I will use this in future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

What they really need is 'live' information signs ('Red Car Park Closed - Please Use Blue Car Park' etc..,)on the approaches to the airport. This would easily allow customers to make well informed decisions as to the best place to park the car and the quickest route to take a few minutes before they arrive in the airport 'village'. Having cars swanning around the place casues accidents.

Quick Park should also have to provide the same on approaches. More often than not the place seems to be unavailable, and it's not the best place in the world to be turning the car around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭daymobrew

pleba wrote:
    I'm definately not looking for sympathy, however I do feel as a customer of DAA they should have used any means possible to inform me and all customers of this closure. This is what I want to point out to them so that they can correct it in the future. Yes they did mention the blue car park but having queued at the RED/GREEN one for 5 minutes to be then told it was closed, and not knowing how to get to the BLUE one it would have been too risky to attempt it. I'd also like from them an explanation as to why two-thirds of their long term car parks were closed on a busy Saturday in the middle of the summer.
    Write to someone in the Management team. Emails are easily ignored.
    It was good that they had staff at ALSAA, instead of just a sign. You said that they told you about the BLUE car park. Did you ask them for directions and how far away it is?

AFAIK it is here.

Advertisement