Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Presenters shared between Today FM and TXFM

• 25-01-2015 9:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭

Well, there was speculation and discussion about the possibility of presenters going from Today FM to TXFM, when the latter was launched from the ashes of Phantom FM last March.

At the time, the only evidence of this was Kelly-Anne Byrne, who is mainly a TXFM presenter but has a show on Saturday nights on Today FM.

Lately, however, Paul McLoone, who is on week-nights on Today FM, has started presenting a program on Saturday evenings 6pm-7pm on TXFM. I heard him for the first time on TXFM yesterday - an excellent look at the music of Kate Bush. This evening I happened to put Today FM on around 6:30pm - something I would not normally do on Sundays. Who did I hear, but Joe Donnelly playing alternative-sounding tunes - he is the weekday afternoon/drivetime presenter on TXFM.

Have people heard any of these individuals on their "second" stations and, if so, what did they think? Will there be more sharing of presenters?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Twizzler

Well, there was speculation and discussion about the possibility of presenters going from Today FM to TXFM, when the latter was launched from the ashes of Phantom FM last March.

At the time, the only evidence of this was Kelly-Anne Byrne, who is mainly a TXFM presenter but has a show on Saturday nights on Today FM.

Lately, however, Paul McLoone, who is on week-nights on Today FM, has started presenting a program on Saturday evenings 6pm-7pm on TXFM. I heard him for the first time on TXFM yesterday - an excellent look at the music of Kate Bush. This evening I happened to put Today FM on around 6:30pm - something I would not normally do on Sundays. Who did I hear, but Joe Donnelly playing alternative-sounding tunes - he is the weekday afternoon/drivetime presenter on TXFM.

Have people heard any of these individuals on their "second" stations and, if so, what did they think? Will there be more sharing of presenters?

I didn't know that about Joe...wonder was he standing in for Colm O'Sullivan on The Mix Up at that time? I don't listen to Today FM much either to suggest anything more specific.

Advertisement