Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your #1 priority from your backlog?

Options
  • 21-12-2012 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭

This idea is shamelessly stolen from another forum but hey, who cares? So we (nearly) all have unplayed games in our collections. What game from that list do you mean to play next?

Looking at what I have available to play it comes down to Max Payne 3 or Darksiders II. I think I will go with Max Payne because I would guess it will be the shorter of the two. I haven't played a third-person shooter in a while so it will be just what I'm looking for. But if I see Spec-Ops: The Line cheap anywhere in January I could play that first.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,860 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Phantasy Star IV was my big priority for the longest time but I'm playing that now and loving it. What I really want to play next though would be SMT Nocturne but I'm a bit RPG overloaded at the moment so might play some mindless action fluff before I sink my teeth into it and still have a lot of other games on my backlog to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

The one I'd be most inclined to finish is Trine/Trine 2.

It was Portal 2 on Wednesday but the 'What games have you completed this year?' thread inspired me to finally finish that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Xcom and dark souls are currently on my priority list and being played now. 2 fantastic games, which are a must to anyone who dares to call themselfs gamers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I've been bushwhacking my way through the aul backlog this year so a lot of the games are played now.

Mass Effect 3 and Deadly Premonition are 2 that are in my sights but with a few more tantalising titles heading my way at Xmas I mightn't get near them!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Damn... this is a though'un to answer.

On PS1:
    Final Fantasy VII

On PS2:
    Disgea 2

on Xbox360:
    Dragon Age / Dragon Age 2

on PS3:
    Infamous / Infamous2

on PC:
    Mass Effects / Just Causes / Fears / Stalkers

And that's barely scrapping what i've got on my todo list...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

In no particular order
    Finish Dishonored,
    Finish Deus Ex: HR,
    Finish Skyrim,
    Finish Castlevania: LOS,
    Start Portal 2,
    Start RAGE,
    and motive myself to try to finish Assassins Creed III oh and i've to put more time in the MGS HD Collection.
    I may have a problem.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

GTR63 wrote: »
    In no particular order
    Finish Dishonored,
    Finish Skyrim,
    Start Portal 2,
    Start RAGE,
    and motive myself to try to finish Assassins Creed III oh and i've to put more time in the MGS HD Collection.
    I may have a problem.

No, you are displaying the traits of what's commonly referred to here as, "A gamer."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Finish Mark of the Ninja

Play more of Sleepy Dawgs (Sleeping Dogs)

Buy Far Cry 3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

serious sam 3 I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Priority seem sto change every day when I suddenly have a notion to play a certain game.

But this weekend I hope to play Journey that I got in the sale during the week

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,860 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Priority seem sto change every day when I suddenly have a notion to play a certain game.

But this weekend I hope to play Journey that I got in the sale during the week

You'll love it. Not played much this year but Journey is far and away my favourite of 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You'll love it. Not played much this year but Journey is far and away my favourite of 2012.

TotalBiscuit actually put it as his #1 game he enjoyed this year too. Pity is a PS3 exclusive, wouldn't mind trying it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Totalbiscuit is a tool.

Each to their own. You're entitled to your opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Magill wrote: »
    Totalbiscuit is a tool.

If you watch all game commentators enough they will all become tools.

Dont watch any so none of them annoy me at the moment.

Darksiders 1 and 2 which i just purchased today for the princely sum of €12 with all DLC are my priority. Have to wait for Santy to bring my wired xbox pad cos i have a pain in my hole with motionjoy, why cant someone just release a driver that makes a ps3 pad just .....work in windows?

After that its sleeping dogs, played it a while ago with keyboard and its a gamepad game so it can wait.

These japanese drivers are much better and aren't full of the chinese adware and spyware that motionjoy are:

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http://tamamyikesu.web.fc2.com/sd_devicedriver.html&sl%20=auto&tl=en

These japanese drivers are much better and aren't full of the chinese adware and spyware that motionjoy are:

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http://tamamyikesu.web.fc2.com/sd_devicedriver.html&sl%20=auto&tl=en

Present is from my son......jaysis retro.....let it go man....dont ruin his xmas :pac::pac::pac:

but cheers not mad about xbox pad :p

Well tbh you're better off with the 360 pad. It's easier to set up and once you start using it it's obviously a better pad.

Well tbh you're better off with the 360 pad. It's easier to set up and once you start using it it's obviously a better pad.

Dunno find it awkward in its layout prefer the PS3 pad as its as decent replica of the PS2 pad.

N64 had the best gamepad ever. Just broke my Adaptoid long time ago :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Magic The Gathering 2013
    I am Alive
    Mark of the Ninja
    Trine 2
    The Darkness 2

Everything else is finished. Yes everything else :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

GTR63 wrote: »
    In no particular order
    Finish Dishonored,
    Finish Skyrim,
    Start Portal 2,
    Start RAGE,
    I may have a problem.

I see what you did there. Asked to post #1 priority.

Posts 7 games and doesn't even order them...

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

I got the Dark Souls art book/dvd edition cheap last xmas. Enjoyed flicking through the boss drawings but only got as far as firelink shrine in the actual game last year. Did not see the path to the Undead Burg. Went left, went right, died, died again, so i put it on the shelf for a year.

Started again a few days ago. It's quite a beautiful game. Love the eeriness and voice acting. I just rang the first bell. Hopped off the ladder on the way down and started whacking at the dark figure in the shadows. Turns out twas an NPC. Turned the xbox off immediately (5 seconds after I hit him) but NO DICE!! The damage was done. Had to finish him off.

I got through Dishonored last week which was on my to-do list. Great game, will do a 2nd playthrough killing everything, as I did non-lethal first time round.

Getting through Spec-Ops the line now, very dark , gameplay is repetitive, but I'm in it for the story...which, I don't know if I'm enjoying...because it's quite sick and confusing (much the way Apocalypse now was ) ....I'm not sure who I'm fighting, who the real enemy is etc.
    Which is the way it's meant to be, showing the horrors and inhumanities in war

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Getting through Spec-Ops the line now, very dark , gameplay is repetitive, but I'm in it for the story...which, I don't know if I'm enjoying...because it's quite sick and confusing (much the way Apocalypse now was ) ....I'm not sure who I'm fighting, who the real enemy is etc.
    Which is the way it's meant to be, showing the horrors and inhumanities in war

I ordered this from Amazon last night. It dropped to £16 on the Xbox, which is the cheapest I've seen it. I'm looking forward to seeing how the story is.

Advertisement