Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New game needed - Blops 2 is rubbish

Options
  • 18-12-2012 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭

alright lads,

Usually just play COD 90% of the year. Assassins Creed has probably got the rest of my time.

But i really sont like Blops 2, in fact its quite rubbish and i'll probably trade it in soon.

I could go back to Modern Warfare but i'd like to try something different but something similar at the same time.
    What should i be looking at ?
    Battlefield etc ?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,100 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

That's it, come to the BF3 dark side, we have cookies and more explicit stabbings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭KilOit

You want something different so you lean towards BF3 after playing nothing but CoD?? jesus man broaden your horizon, absolute gold mine of quality games out there.

Print this out and stick it on the wall and throw a dart at it and play that ;)

Of course this is pc only but find 360 or ps3 equivalent

OHaOD.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

do you own all them games? :L id say your account must be worth a couple of grand :L

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I played the first Battlefield and i wasn't that mad about it. But by all accounts the new one is great.

What else is worth playing out there. GTA is a game I despise so don't go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,323 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

get BF3 man!

I normally tire of multiplayer games quickly but I actually have done something I've never done and bought more maps for the game in the form of buying the premium pack

are you looking for another mutiplayer game again or a good single player?
    I'd recommend Dishonored in the single player category

• Advertisement

saiint wrote: »
    do you own all them games? :L id say your account must be worth a couple of grand :L

ain't mine, whipped it from google

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

KilOit wrote: »
    You want something different so you lean towards BF3 after playing nothing but CoD?? jesus man broaden your horizon, absolute gold mine of quality games out there.

Print this out and stick it on the wall and throw a dart at it and play that ;)

Of course this is pc only but find 360 or ps3 equivalent

Except if the dart land on Duke Nukem Forever or Judge Dredd Vs Judge Death. They just count as getting a free throw :pac:

A good single player lads would be preferable for a while.

I can get BF3 later on.

Slattsy wrote: »
    A good single player lads would be preferable for a while.

I can get BF3 later on.

Dead space 1/2 and Mass Effect 1/2/3 are recent games i really enjoyed if you haven't played them.
    If you got a PC Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 are excellent too

I'm a spoiled adult with too much money to spend on games so rarely ever finish them but the above games sucked me right in with a compelling story, not so much Diablo3, think that was more of the loot hooking me in :D

Edit: You gotta Play Deus Ex: Human Revolutions! Fav game of 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

In Cod , you use kill streaks ,
    In BF , you are the kill streak

GET IT NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOW !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Far Cry 3, Enslaved, inFamous 1 & 2, Red Dead Redemption, Deus Ex: Human Revolution... Some of the many many quality games out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,739 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Planetside 2, no question about it if you wanna experience a shooter on a properly massive scale

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Dues Ex:HR and Darksouls would be the first 2 newish games i'd recommend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Borderlands 1+2

In just glad nobody suggested Fifa so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

Fifa

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Some great suggestions so far, Max Payne 3 is also a very good recent enough game and can be had for cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

What's with all the shooters?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,323 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

we like shooters, pew pew!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    What's with all the shooters?

Was about to say...

Would you not play something different. Anything different?

Even Mass Effect which is almost a shooter in parts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Far cry 3, mass effect 3, dishonored, borderlands 2, the walking dead, moh. All from this year and all brilliant.

Ideally i want a game that i wont get sick of after a few days.

Something with a bit of strategy, and isnt just about shooting the guts out of anything and everything in sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

calex71 wrote: »
    Borderlands 1+2
    Definitely. Got borderlands 1 on playstation plus for free. Never even heard of the game, but got addicted straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,381 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Something with a bit of strategy, and isnt just about shooting the guts out of anything and everything in sight.

Get Ex-Com if you want yourself some strategy, or try the demo at least anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Skyrim, maybe, I have never played it but if I was to buy one game tomorrow it would be this as I loved Elder Scrolls.

donalg1 wrote: »
    Skyrim, maybe, I have never played it but if I was to buy one game tomorrow it would be this as I loved Elder Scrolls.

Would i need to play Elder Scrolls first though?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

xcom is a turn based strategy that I've sank hours into.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Jaggy

I played the first Battlefield and i wasn't that mad about it. But by all accounts the new one is great.

What else is worth playing out there. GTA is a game I despise so don't go there.

Out of interest, what is it you don't like about GTA? I think you're the first person i've ever come across that doesn't like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Would i need to play Elder Scrolls first though?

No I wouldnt think so, I would just jump into Skyrim anyway and maybe go back to Elder Scrolls if you wanted to then.

• Advertisement

Jaggy wrote: »
    Out of interest, what is it you don't like about GTA? I think you're the first person i've ever come across that doesn't like it.

I used to play them years ago, when they first came on the scene. But i found they all got fairly repetitive as the years went on.

Advertisement