Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When will breakfast republic be axed !

• 19-03-2015 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

I wonder ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

I wonder ?

Never thought I'd say it but I've actually not found it that bad as of late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,554 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Never thought I'd say it but I've actually not found it that bad as of late.

Since it reduced to two presenters temporarily?

It'll almost certainly get another full JNLR book to ensure they've got a complete years coverage, so that'll be the April-June book published in July...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

L1011 wrote: »
    Since it reduced to two presenters temporarily?
    No, the last month or so, just the few times I've heard it. They don't seem to be trying as hard to be funny and it just sounds more natural and there was the odd laugh here and there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Its the worst thing on Irish radio, the sooner it gets axed the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

shockwave wrote: »
    Its the worst thing on Irish radio, the sooner it gets axed the better.

Its not even close to being the worst thing on Irish radio. Try Global Village on Newstalk if you want BAD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    No, the last month or so, just the few times I've heard it. They don't seem to be trying as hard to be funny and it just sounds more natural and there was the odd laugh here and there.

+1. I think it's improved. And I really don't get the Jennifer hate, I like her. i think Bernard and her genuinely get on, not sure about Keith.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 mini homer

Wouldn't be a big fan of the show now but it's picking up lately,anything is better than listening to hector in the morning God that was awful!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Anorak34c

In the papers today that the 3 presenters have just signed new 3 year contracts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Anorak34c wrote: »
    In the papers today that the 3 presenters have just signed new 3 year contracts.

Ffs

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Anorak34c wrote: »

Contracts were renewed at least 6 months ago for another 3 years. But that doesn't mean anything in reality.

However, the show has improved massively, still not 100% on Jennifer. The persona she adopts on the show is too false.

Also I think some of the 'innuendo' is a bit strong for that time of the morning with kids listening in the cars? They will say that's not their target maybe, adults with kids?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

I agree re Jennifer...

If they could drop the smut though - not bothered about kids listening but it's just crude when it doesn't need to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Buckfast W

Tuned into it a few times, it's a bit hit and miss, I usually like Bernard O' Shea but not on the radio, and ffs Jennifer is from Baldoyle not "the hood"

Advertisement