Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

using steam wallet funds in a different country... is it possible?

Options
  • 20-12-2012 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

hi
    im originally from ireland but have been living in the uk for a few years - i recently purchased some steam wallet funds in pounds sterling - i am now back in ireland for christmas... and as you all know the steam sale is starting today.. my problem is i have steam wallet funds in pounds sterling and im not sure if i can buy games while outside the uk.

i have contacted steam support and am awaiting a response... anyone know if its possible to purchase games with steam wallet funds in a different currencey while im on holidays?

cheers,
    ft

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

hi
    im originally from ireland but have been living in the uk for a few years - i recently purchased some steam wallet funds in pounds sterling - i am now back in ireland for christmas... and as you all know the steam sale is starting today.. my problem is i have steam wallet funds in pounds sterling and im not sure if i can buy games while outside the uk.

i have contacted steam support and am awaiting a response... anyone know if its possible to purchase games with steam wallet funds in a different currencey while im on holidays?

cheers,
    ft

No its not. Your best bet might be to go to the store page on your internet browser.

http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=uk

That link takes you to the uk store page so you should be ok to buy stuff with your wallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭freelancerTax

No its not. Your best bet might be to go to the store page on your internet browser.

http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=uk

That link takes you to the uk store page so you should be ok to buy stuff with your wallet.

cool thats what i want to do - i dont want to buy in euro.. will it allow me to purchase from that uk page even if i am not using an uk ip address?

cheers,
    ft

cool thats what i want to do - i dont want to buy in euro.. will it allow me to purchase from that uk page even if i am not using an uk ip address?

cheers,
    ft

Ya im home in ireland for christmas and purchased jade empire the other day with no problems although i did use paypal but if your wallet currency is in pounds id imagine it will be ok.

Ya im home in ireland for christmas and purchased jade empire the other day with no problems although i did use paypal but if your wallet currency is in pounds id imagine it will be ok.

did you use the uk page from irealnd and pay in sterling?

cheers,
    FT

did you use the uk page from irealnd and pay in sterling?

cheers,
    FT

Ya i did and it worked ok.

• Advertisement

cool thanks for the help guys

looking forward to the sales

FT

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I don't think you even need to change the store front. Even if you are browsing the UK site when you actually go to purchase a game it will be based off of the prices set down for the country you are residing in. At least that's how it is intended to operate.

i had to change the store front using ?=gb

otherwise i get an error on checkout

got this from steam support

Advertisement