Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

encouraging stuff, but I fail to get too excited about our reserves as more often than not we won't see them anywhere near the first team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Youth Cup 1/4 final on Wednesday away to Forest. Should be a good game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

So West Ham tried to sign Torres on loan but Chelsea refused.
    David Gold @DavidGoldWHU
    @kholmesirons90: @DavidGoldWHU is it true we tried to sign Torres in January?” We tried to bring him in on a short term loan

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Ramires signs a new contract keeping him at the club until 2017 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Johner wrote: »
    Youth Cup 1/4 final on Wednesday away to Forest. Should be a good game!

Bamford will be playing against his old club, should be interesting for him. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

You have to feel for AVB - he could win the next 10 games and still get asked about his future
    He must be bl**dy sick of it at this stage.
    Cant see Chelsea coming out and publicy backing him though

You have to feel for AVB - he could win the next 10 games and still get asked about his future

The jurno's are always going to be on his case, its down to a few factors, chief of which is Chelsea FC revolving dor policy of managers over the last few years and the other is mainly down to the results.

If the results improve the sharks will stay away for the moment.

Also, agreed, Chelsea wont back him publicy really, which is a shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

How many times have a club came out and backed there manager only for it to be proved the final nail in the coffin.
    As much as I'd like to see him stay I cant see him in charge next season.

I'm not AVB's biggest fan but I'm all for giving him at least another season in charge. I'd like to see how he'll do next year with a years experience under his belt and hopefully a big shake up of the squad.

Im feeling confident about tonight for some reason I think we'll at least get a couple of away goals, the only problem is how many will we concede? A high scoring draw wouldn't be the worst case scenario I suppose

Caveman1 wrote: »
    I'm not AVB's biggest fan but I'm all for giving him at least another season in charge. I'd like to see how he'll do next year with a years experience under his belt and hopefully a big shake up of the squad.

Im feeling confident about tonight for some reason I think we'll at least get a couple of away goals, the only problem is how many will we concede? A high scoring draw wouldn't be the worst case scenario I suppose

I'd feelmuch more confident with a 1-1, 2-2 then I would with a 0-0 TBH.

I feel the same, we're due a performance and what better time then away to a good side, with great support.

We all know its going to be a tough game, a battle but I fancy our chances tonight and over the 2 legs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

gavredking wrote: »
    Bamford will be playing against his old club, should be interesting for him. :D

He's cup tied. :(

Johner wrote: »
    He's cup tied. :(

Ah feck it anyway. :(

Well plan for the night is CSKA v Real Madrid, bit of grub, drinks and settle down for the Chelsea game.

Unfortunatly drinking may well be the only way through tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Well on evidence so far he won't win next 10 games

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Well on evidence so far he won't win next 10 games

Insightful post.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

Sorry lads , to cheer us up a little (allready on Napoli Chelsea thread)

2818475_460s.jpg

jcf wrote: »
    Sorry lads , to cheer us up a little (allready on Napoli Chelsea thread)

He'd still struggle. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

John Terry to have surgery and be out for six weeks .

^

Any source or is it a Tweet from a Jurno??

^

It's on sky sports news now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭RichT

^

SSN running it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

So if I was AVB this is the team I would be going with

cech

----ivanovich----luiz---cahill---cole (bosingwa)

romeu----mikel--

lampard

ramires
    mata

sturridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

RichT wrote: »
    SSN running it.

Wish him all the best and a speedy recovery, we will certainly miss him,
    but how ironic if he doesnt make the euro finals

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

How can we give a player till the last possible moment to prove his fitness and then he is suddenly out for 6-8 weeks ???

Did he break down in training ?

Time for Cahill to step up , hopefully he is up to the the task .

Was slightly confident about tonight with everyone writing us off, I thought we might come out and everyone what were made of.

How can we give a player till the last possible moment to prove his fitness and then he is suddenly out for 6-8 weeks ???

Did he break down in training ?

Time for Cahill to step up , hopefully he is up to the the task .

Was slightly confident about tonight with everyone writing us off, I thought we might come out and everyone what were made of.

He trained last night but woke up in agony this morning supposedly .

"Terry out for two months

Terry is due to undergo what is understood to be a small procedure on the right knee that has been troubling him ever since he collided with a post in last month's FA Cup clash with Portsmouth.
    Blues boss Andre Villas-Boas had been hoping the 31-year-old would recover in time for Tuesday night's Champions League clash at Napoli.
    But, despite taking part in training on Monday night, the England centre-back woke up in considerable pain at Chelsea'steam hotel on Tuesday morning and will now miss the game at the Stadio San Paulo as well as next week's international friendly against Holland.

The news is a major blow for Chelsea who have struggled in recent weeks and dropped out of the top four in the Premier League to increase the pressure on Villas-Boas."

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Ben Smith @bensmithTimes Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Lampard furious at being left out by AVB tonight. The #CFC team that will take the field looks incredibly vulnerable

You would have to wonder where they get there info from ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

Sack AVB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭bullpost

or maybe the team?
    Sack AVB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Sack AVB

For who?

I really cant see AVB been at CFC next year, although I dont agree with sacking managers so soon it just seems he's way out of his depth with this team.

Tonights performance has just convinced me more that as a team Chelsea just dont know what they are doing, I really cant believe how bad we've been playing, I honestly cant remember the last time ive enjoyed watching Chelsea.

I would love to see Ray Wilikins or Steve Clarke come back to coach the team , defensively we are just all over the place, as much as Di Matteo was a great player for Chelsea I just dont see what he brings to the team on a coaching level, its like the blind leading the blind.

Changes need to be made and made quickly

• Advertisement

I really cant see AVB been at CFC next year, although I dont agree with sacking managers so soon it just seems he's way out of his depth with this team.

Tonights performance has just convinced me more that as a team Chelsea just dont know what they are doing, I really cant believe how bad we've been playing, I honestly cant remember the last time ive enjoyed watching Chelsea.

I would love to see Ray Wilikins or Steve Clarke come back to coach the team , defensively we are just all over the place, as much as Di Matteo was a great player for Chelsea I just dont see what he brings to the team on a coaching level, its like the blind leading the blind.

Changes need to be made and made quickly

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement