Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Granola Bars

Options
  • 12-06-2007 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

Anyone tasted these yet? Are they any good for you? Not really up to speed on reading labels/calories.

I usually eat one of the bars a day (they come wrapped as 2 bars per wrapper)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

one a day omg you are so gonna balloon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

yum

• Registered Users Posts: 20,798 ✭✭✭✭cormie

dellas1979 wrote:
    Are they any good for you? Not really up to speed on reading labels/calories

Depends what brand etc really. There are probably ones packed with sugar/syrup and then ones with a bit less or maybe none? If you want a healthy, delicious bar, get one of these:

nakdmix.jpg
    Quite Possibly The Perfect Snack Bar.Delicious, 100% Natural Wholefood Bar Made With Raw Fruit And Nuts, Oats, Natural Flavours And Nothing Else.

Flavours: Apple Pie, Cheeky Cherry and Cocoa Loco
    NATURAL INGREDIENTS - 100% All Natural.
    Nothing Remotely Artifical Of Any Kind - Anymore Natural And You'd Have To Peel 'em! Literally Fruit, Nuts, Oats And Natural Flavours That's It.
    NO ADDED SUGAR - Most 'Healthy' Bars Are Just Glorified Sugar Covered Candy Bars That Lead To An Inevitable Crash - Not NAKD,
    WHOLEFOOD - Unlike Most Bars, NAKD Bars Are Never Cooked. That Means Natural Enzymes And Nutrients Remain In Their Most Powerful And Effective Forms. This Allows You To Better Digest, Absorb And Utilize Vital Nutrients.
    RICH, MOIST TASTE Award Winning Taste - Simply Gorgeous, Must Try For Yourself.
    SATISFYING 68g SIZE - The Size Of A Good Flapjack, NAKD Bars Are Filling And Help Control Your Hunger.
    HIGH FIBRE- With 5g Of Fibre Per Bar NAKD Bars Support Overall Digestive Health

You can't really get better in a bar:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

cormie wrote:
    Depends what brand etc really. There are probably ones packed with sugar/syrup and then ones with a bit less or maybe none? If you want a healthy, delicious bar, get one of these:

nakdmix.jpg

You can't really get better in a bar:)

Where would you find these things? I'm intrigued...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,798 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Most health shops. They are pretty expensive though, I've seen them for as much as €2.75 I think:eek: I've also seen them for €1.90 though:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I was wondering about these nature valley granola bars as well. They're really nice but i was wondering how healthy they actually are. From my recollection the oats and honey bar (43g) is about 170 calories with 0.8g of saturated fat. I know from the ingredients there's 2% sugar in it but my theory is that I always need something sweet/chocolatey at about three in work. (I've just had a crunchie, 40 g with 160calories - yum yum!) I've tried eating fruit but it just won't satisfy me, these bars are yummy, wouldn't it be slightly healthier to eat one of these granola bars than a chocolate bar? The calories seem the same.

P.s. I have a thing against raisins, and other dried fruits so most cereal bars ar no good for me.

Advertisement