Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Horizon Box Restrating

Options
  • 27-11-2015 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭

Howdy, hopefully I can get some help so starting a new thread as there was a software update during teh week. I have a thread in the virgin support sectgion but thats not going to help me any time soon.

Box will just retstart if left on RTE1 HD after about 3-5 mins, I loose the picture, get a Welcome screen in loads of languages then it shuts down. The clock on teh front of the box goes and is replaced by blocks of lights running from left to right.

After a few moments the clock comes back and I can turn it on, leaving it on RTE has the same effect all the time. Network 2 is not there and HD channels seem patchy. Switched to BBC 2 non HD.

Went to diagnostics and checked signal quality and strength, good and excellent. Ran the connection diagnostics and all passed.

Its now on for 20 mins on BBC2 non HD and I will leave it there for a few hours to see what happens.

Looks like no Toy Show on the big TV tonight unless somebody has a suggestion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Just do a factory reset, choose to keep recordings.

Settings>Advanced settings> Horizon >Factoryreset

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

Thanks, will try that when I get back from trip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

Got back yesterday - RTE HD now working but other HD channels not there and Network 2 gone.

Did the factory reset and that did not fix the problem so looks like a call out.

Advertisement