Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Player - Virgin Media

Options
  • 10-11-2015 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭

The UTV Player has been "coming soon" for the last 11 months now on Virgin Media. To my surprise it's there - sort of.

Last night I forgot to record Daniels Road Trip, so I used my horizon box to search for the next showing. And there it was - available to stream now on demand via UTV Player. It was available 45 mins after airing. Oddly you have to enter your PIN to watch, you can't forward/rewind and it picked up the ad breaks (perhaps Virgin are recording show as it's played out?).

So I tried "This morning" and was able to watch a few of them from last week.

Whilst it's not a full player, Virgin seem to be working out a way to provide the service perhaps without UTV uploading the content (like RTE/TV3 etc).

So it's there, limited and restricted to search, for now :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭leche solara

Where did you find it? I'm looking at Irish TV Players and it just shows UTV Ireland On Demand coming soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Where did you find it? I'm looking at Irish TV Players and it just shows UTV Ireland On Demand coming soon

Programs for me are accessible via the search interface. Go to menu, side scroll to search and proceed to the search input. Then type in the name of a UTV Ireland show. It should appear in the list under on demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭leche solara

Programs for me are accessible via the search interface. Go to menu, side scroll to search and proceed to the search input. Then type in the name of a UTV Ireland show. It should appear in the list under on demand.

Thanks for that. Had never used the search function before, or the back of the remote!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭macker22

Jus tryed it there not in on demand section jus in search . . Probably been made available soon so

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bodan

Thats not UTV's Player. Its part of Virgin's media replay tv, beta testing. There are a handful of channels available to beta testers, and if you noticed the quality, it is way above most players as it is a recorded stream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭macker22

I asked about replay tv awhile back heard nothing back . . Wat channels is it been tested on . . So it doesn't look like we're getting utv player anytime soon

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bodan

Its hard to know when they are going to launch utv player because as someone said earlier, they have been saying that since they started.
    But, when Replay Tv launches in the not to distant future, there wont be much need for a player.

The channels in testing now off the top of my head are

Setanta Ireland HD
    Setanta 1 HD
    UTV HD
    Comedy central sd

History SD
    History HD
    Lifetime
    crime and investigation HD

Bt sport espan HD
    bt Sport 1 HD
    Bt Sport europe HD