Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hosting Query

Options
  • 23-06-2010 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm a bit confused with something I'm trying to do. I'm currently designing a website for someone over in Australia as they're not happy with the current one. I'm getting a bit lost with the web hosting and domain name stuff and the steps I have to take to redirect their domain to the new website. Am I correct that the Domain Registrar is the company who sold them the domain name?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

There probably isn't any need to move host. You can simply over write the current files in the site. No need to redirect anything if you upload your own copy site.

On the other hand if it is a requirement you change host, you'll have to either do a domain transfer to new hosting company and let them manage DNS or otherwise, contact existing registrar and change name servers to point to new host.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

lil_lisa wrote: »
    Am I correct that the Domain Registrar is the company who sold them the domain name?
    Probably ..
    The problem is that there are only 900 odd ICANN accredited registrars globally, so your client may have been dealing with a reseller of one of them.

Advertisement