Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cant tune in sharpe TV

• 19-11-2015 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Just got a lc-32ld171k sharp TV for my kitchen but I can't tune it in.. I can get my walker TV to work fine when it's pluged into the same TV socket but the sharp TV just keeps saying please scan channels.. I have the source set to TV but it can't find anything.. It works fine if I use a hdmi cable or usb stick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Tune to what?

If UPC analog its not got an Analog tuner so wont find anything

http://www.sharp.eu/av/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/LC-32LD171K.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Doco7

im trying to tune it into the RF1 output from my sky HD box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭danm14

If you have an old video (tape) recorder, you can tune the Sky box in on it, connect the video to the TV by scart and use it to view Sky. If you don't, the cheapest and easiest method is to buy one, try donedeal or adverts.ie or a local market/car boot sale.

You could also return the TV to the shop and swap it for one with an analogue tuner (I can't see very many shops having a problem with a return for this reason), run a scart or HDMI cable to the TV (keep the current cable too, you'll need it to change the channel in the kitchen if you're currently able to), or buy something like one of these http://www.freetv.ie/triax-unilink.html which would serve the same purpose as the video recorder but cost about ten times more.

Your TV is not faulty, it's just not designed to be able to be used in this way, there is no possible way to make it work without doing one of the four things above. There is no longer any real use whatsoever for an analogue tuner anywhere in the developed world apart from analogue cable and things like what you're doing, so manufacturers are saving a few pence by not including them, and almost nobody has any reason to notice or care.

Advertisement