Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

favicon issue

Options
  • 28-06-2010 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

Hey everyone.

i needed to change my favicon.ico file to a different image. i uploaded it to the folder where the previous favicon file was located and over writed it.

the issue is that it is still showing up the old image.

i have navigaed in ie to the file (website.ie/images/favicon.ico and it shows up a blank page.

I have cleared cache and delted from favourites etc. etc.

has anyone any ideas whats going on.

appreciater your help

VN

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

favicon icons are better in the main root folder...

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭VirtualNemesis

Thanks for the reply louie.

Im working from a template/script that uses php and i thought it would be easier to overwrite the one that is there. there is no index.html to edit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

The template / script must have a HEADER.PHP so that's where you'll find the link to your favicon.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Also note that your favicon may actually have been updated. I've seen it happen quite often that the favicon doesn't update even after a shift-reload (which forces clear cache on most browsers).

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭VirtualNemesis

Thanks louie.

thats sorted it

cheers

VN

• Advertisement
Advertisement