Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

security systems

Options
  • 20-10-2014 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

What's the difference between stand alone and intergrated systems.

Also what would a commissing/ application engineer do?

Thanks
    Rachel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Hi OP, a standalone system, in alarm terminology basically means that the alarm system just works itself and is not connected up to any other device.

Integrated means when you have, for example a camera system and an alarm system connected up so that is for example the alarm activates them the camera system would record at a higher rate that usual.

A commission engineer goes to a site where a recent system has been fitted, his job is to get the system into operational condition and to show the user's how to operate the system, he will also carry out a full functional test on every function that the system has.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

jimbob12 wrote: »
    stand alone

If you have a system connected to monitoring and have it disconnected from this service it can be said the system is working as a stand alone alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Your standard hkc alarm would be classed as a stand alone system.
    Integrated systems would incorporate access control etc and operate across multiple sites. Examples of these would be the old 3gs panels, Siemens SPC, honeywell etc and these would typically have some sort of back end running in parallel.
    Commissioning Engineer would be a handy number provided the lads that did the install work before you were good.

Good luck with the job application

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jimbob12

It's my husband that's going for the job. He's been out of the industry sometime now so I sent in his application. He has been called for interview I really just wanted to make sure I hadn't send him forward for a role not suited to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

jimbob12 wrote: »
    It's my husband that's going for the job. He's been out of the industry sometime now so I sent in his application. He has been called for interview I really just wanted to make sure I hadn't send him forward for a role not suited to him.

Well good luck to him, i hope he gets the job, as i am sure you and indeed he can imagine this industry is constantly changing due to new technology etc, so if either of you have any quires on anything technical or general in our field please just ask.

• Advertisement
Advertisement