Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New militarized flu spreading like wildfire in Mexico City

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

The monday Alex Jones internet radio show from www.infowars .com
    ( just click on the "listen to the show links" or go to Irish link
    www.info-wars.org and click on radio link and then the menu below of the ways to listen stram Real player Or Microsoft player etc)

The news is there is a expert on the show that claims the WHO designed this Virus in Mexico to kill 2 billion world wide.This Virus in Mexico is combination of the most virilant Euopean Human Virus a virulant Asain flu and a virilant north American flu virus.

Death rate from phoning into Mexico city medical people is that at least 200 plus mayby even 2000 are now dead from this new virus in Mexico city

They point out that Baxter pharma knew they were sending out factor eight to the rest of the world contanmated ith aids and Hepititis.These would be the same people who would make you a vaccine to cure you.Forget it trying to get me to take that vaccine

Its looking like this is only the first of many milatized virus in the arsenal to spead deasease and plaugue world wide for months maybe even years .

So if this virus doesnt get us or the Vaccines dont get us they got plenty more virus to release to try to cull the population of the planet

the vidio reporter says the swine flu virus isnt natural isnt on youtube but I got it at blinkx.com at this link

http://www.blinkx.com/video/swine-flu-not-naturally-occurring/Jz6LSEp4aWj7uPM3I_hLKw

derry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Sofa_King Good

I'm not sure.
    Published March 19, 2009
    SEGUIN — Around the world, up to two billion people have died — depending upon whose count one uses — and in the United States alone deaths could total one third of the population.

Somewhere in the federal government, the decision is made and secret medical stockpiles stored at secret locations are loaded into aircraft and, within 12 hours, moved to wherever they are most likely to be able to stop a pandemic that threatens mankind.
    The Guadalupe County Volunteer Organizations Active in Disaster, or VOAD, needs 100 volunteers for a May 2 emergency disaster drill at Navarro ISD. In the long term, 1,000 volunteers are needed. For information, contact volunteer coordinator xxx at (830) 3xxx2 or by e-mail at xxxxx(at)co.guadalupe.tx.us .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Atchoo!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Blindpew

derry wrote: »
    The monday Alex Jones internet radio show from www.infowars .com
    ( just click on the "listen to the show links" or go to Irish link
    www.info-wars.org and click on radio link and then the menu below of the ways to listen stram Real player Or Microsoft player etc)

Alex Jones is the only only one telling the truth about this pandemic. No other news source is reliable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

Alex Jones is the only only one telling the truth about this pandemic. No other news source is reliable.

Any chance you can give us a run down on what he is saying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,324 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Blindpew wrote: »

And how do you know Alex Jones is telling the truth?

He could be lying or mistaken.

Any chance you can give us a run down on what he is saying?

well he does a four hour show each day and it runs on a loop so if you go to infowars.com or click on Derrys link you can hear for yourself.

Yes and no

Yes the Alex jones show often covers the subject of tourtue .It points out that bad as Bush was for starting the system Obama is worse in that when the evidence is in his face he decides not to put the CIA agents or others in jail.In the second war Nazis were jailed for these practises .Japanse solders were tried and shot for the same torture like water boarding .It clear Obama has givin the greeen light to torture and is worse than BUSH .
    Alex jones points out that 24Hours is propaganda film made to suggest toture can save the USA.Alex jones calls for the jailing of the toture practiucers both bush and his side kicks and the agents who did this.he explains that 300 waterbourding of the so called 2nd from the top Alqiada was useless intel and he claimed things he did when he was already banged up in jail

The specific list you supply I dont think so but the show covers many news media stuff

Here is sorta funny clip on how to brew your own flu Vaccines

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWfCnjnShnM&eurl

here is a site that explains more about vaccines like flu vaccines

http://drtenpenny.com/default.aspx

Derry

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭nodolan

I have to admit that while I listened to Alex for well over an hour this morning he has his own version of Fox News hype going on at times - but that's not to say that what he says doesn't make me think and reconsider what the 'normal' news reports are saying. I detest the religious nuts he allows to preach on his show but that's the price I'm willing to pay to hear a very different viewpoint.

Ever since reading Noam Chomsky's Manufacturing Consent and then keeping up with Robert Fisk and John Pilger in various newspapers, blogs and books I always listen to main news streams with a serious mental filter. Al Jazeera and Euronews are still more reliable than most others.

You can watch Al Jazeera, Euronews and many other news channels on your PC using Livestation BTW - excellent little program, and free.

livestation_logo_narrow_with_strapline.gif

• Advertisement

Have to agree with most of what you said nonolan.Not because im from cork, but because it's true. I actually haven't watched tv much since about 2002. I'd say 2 hours a week if im lucky and thats pushing it. I actually detest it.
    That livestation program looks really good thanks for the link.

King Mob wrote: »
    And how do you know Alex Jones is telling the truth?

He could be lying or mistaken.

I have studied many subjects over many years and travelled and worked in several countries in Europe and Africa.

I had figured out some of the dots and joined up some of the dots.Then I found the stations www.infowars.com and found he had the same set of dots and linlked them up in a similar way.The difference is though he had totally joined up the most all the dots so as to have a straigght unbroken link which explained evething a whole lot better than I could .

Yeah maybe he is wrong but I dont think so and that he actualy is mostly right which makes things even more worse.

As the plan or plot seems to be wipe out 90% of the human race so I presume that effects me and my family I have to start to dump normal media bought and paid for by the elite and just work from Alex Jones and similar internet radio stations

Derry

http://www.cpr-savers.com/Industrials/Cpr%20prod/Masks/avian-bird-flu-protection-mask-nano-mask.html

This is a link to a site where Nano masks can be purchased. I don't see the Irish government giving them out here for free. These masks might save your lives.

If you are worried that the Nano mask might not work this site sells more advanced masks. http://www.bestsafetyapparel.com/

I'm travelling to Barcelona on Sunday for a few days and then to Toronto a couple of weeks later and I've bought some masks from Anderco in Cork:

Optipro 3 Valved Disposable Mask
    Standard EN149 2001 FFP3 (this is the minimum standard recommended so nano masks would be even better - do not get N95 as they're useless for flu)

R0480V.jpg

Talking to the sales woman, she said that they've had lots of enquiries and that an even more sophisticated mask has been mass ordered by the Gardaí and emergency services.

I also got an order of Oregano Oil and Colloidal Silver Throat Spray from iherb.

According to the BBC website the WHO has now raised it to pandemic alert level (5).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8025931.stm

Given that this pandemic has gone from a few people sneezing in Mexico this time last week to a world wide emergency today, I think I would not travel to another country without enough underware for an extended stay. It's only a matter of time now before quarentine is introduced. All travel may be suspended between countries. Make sure to bring your toothbrush and wear the gas mask on the plane.

To the CT'ers.

If this turns out not to wipe out half the human race, would that phase your paranoid beliefs?

To the CT'ers.

If this turns out not to wipe out half the human race, would that phase your paranoid beliefs?

To the CT'ers.

If this extermination attempt fails they will just think up another plan to get us. Always be on your gaurd and be prepared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

...your paranoid beliefs

Attack posts, not posters.

• Advertisement

bonkey wrote: »
    Attack posts, not posters.

Ok... 'your beliefs about the nature of reality which I hold to be fractured?'

If this extermination attempt fails they will just think up another plan to get us. Always be on your gaurd and be prepared.

So that means you can never possibly be wrong. You remind me of people who believe in god/s. Always twisting and squirming, despite the total absence of evidence and failure of prophecy to materialise.

Yep. Given the fact that you are intentionally administering someone with a weakened strain of an illness, why are you surprised that people come away with symptoms of sickness?

This is the whole point. You teach the body to defend itself against the weak strain, so when the full-strength strain comes along, the body is prepared.

That is not exactly true.

Vaccines produce antibodies which are markers. Your existing real immune system is what fights the pathogen.

I hope being wrong doesn't effect your beliefs of the nature of reality?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Did Reinhardt predict this, he mentioned it in passing I think in one of his cryptic updates on his page way back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,324 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Did Reinhardt predict this, he mentioned it in passing I think in one of his cryptic updates on his page way back.

Wow a prediction after the event? That's amazing.

• Advertisement

lol Reinhardts a tit

I love the references to the 'nature of reality'.

Philosophy 101 - people have been discussing the nature of reality for thousands of years and still haven't been able to come to an agreement. Anyway, it's not the nature of reality held by anyone posting here that's in question but the truth of what's being reported by the mainstream media. Anyone who thinks that the media isn't a tool of vested interests has a very short memory indeed and really needs to take a trip to their local book store and ask for any Noam Chomsky book (Manufacturing Consent being the best place to start).

Power Point and Colin Powell anyone?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/08/19/powell.un/

Blair and sexed up reports anyone?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_Dossier

Scientist mysteriously commits suicide...NOT:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2004/dec/12/politics.davidkelly

dsmcrew.gif

I hope being wrong doesn't effect your beliefs of the nature of reality?

Well bonkey forced me into an uncomfortable rephrasing.

I would rather put it like this.

1) Billy falsely believes A to be true.

2) Billy believes that Z will occur, which will mean that his beliefs about A will be verified, when Z does happen.

3) Z does not occur.

Rather than having the failure of 2) leading to Billy question the validity of 1), he merely distances himself from his belief in 2).

Thus Billy's first assertion is never subject to his own critical-thinking, because that is unthinkable.

It must be everything elses fault.

No different to religious belief, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

nodolan wrote: »

Optipro 3 Valved Disposable Mask
    Standard EN149 2001 FFP3 (this is the minimum standard recommended so nano masks would be even better - do not get N95 as they're useless for flu)

That's just wrong advice. The P2 (N5) masks are the recommended flu masks. You need to be careful about what you're advising people.

It would seem that the Government are going to give out masks afterall. I just wonder if they will give out the right ones and will they give enough of them.
    Also will they give them soon eough and will they be means tested.
    I think that debunkers that have lived safely for years in their own cocoons are in for a rude awakening in the coming months. When the government of the world start concocting deadly viruli we had all better wake up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

I think that debunkers that have lived safely for years in their own cocoons are in for a rude awakening in the coming months. When the government of the world start concocting deadly viruli we had all better wake up.

Do you realise the amount of times that been said here? Claims about various thing happening "in coming months" happen far too often to be taken seriously. As for telling people to wake up, wake up what? Wake up and look at the basis for your scaremongering? Wake up and see the flu probably be combated with quarantines and drugs and die out? Wake up and see you change your stance once that happens to one that the drug companies are in on it to make money and everything went to their plan?

It would seem that the Government are going to give out masks afterall. I just wonder if they will give out the right ones and will they give enough of them.
    Also will they give them soon eough and will they be means tested.

And if you're wrong in your predictions? Does that open the possibility of this whole population control nonsense being wrong?

Well for instance, I heard Michael O'Leary of Ryan air say during the week that this killer flu will only kill people in slums and that strepsols will cure everyone else. He was turning it into a joke. Carry on flying in other words. People need to wake up to the fact that it's not safe to travel at the moment.
    Mary Harney is still running the health service here, people should have woken up about her years ago and not kept electing her. Do you really think that the HSE can handle a pandemic here?
    I heard people the other day on the radio wondering if they should still go to Mexico on their holidays to lie on a beach for two weeks in the middle of that countries biggest crisis in year. Those people really need to wake up.
    When was the last time you heard the WHO say that a pandemic was immenent and yet a Doctor on national radio only yesterday scoffed at the whole thing. He needs to awaken.
    Why when Irelands economy has collapsed are Fianna Fail still in power and why were they elected three times in the last ten years.
    This country has been asleep for years and still can't hear the alarm bells ringing. It makes me tired just thinking about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

A good friend and fellow Boardsie moved to Mexico last saturday (and landed a job 2 days ago) and he doesnt seem phased. Sure he's wearing a mask in the photos etc but people there dont seem to be going crazy.

Why when Irelands economy has collapsed are Fianna Fail still in power and why were they elected three times in the last ten years.
    This country has been asleep for years and still can't hear the alarm bells ringing. It makes me tired just thinking about it.

FF were thrice elected when the economy was doing fine, each time.*

But hey, don't let facts get in the way of conspiracy.

Lord knows that hasn't stopped ye, so far...

*(You will obviously jump all over the third election, as it was apparant then that the boom was over. However, you said: 'economy has collapsed'. The economy had not collapsed by then.)

tallaght01 wrote:
    That's just wrong advice. The P2 (N5) masks are the recommended flu masks. You need to be careful about what you're advising people.
    True US N95 (EU EN149:2001 FFP2) masks are 'recommended'.

However.

N95 masks are sufficient in preventing the spread of a virus through airborne particles if the wearer sneezes or coughs as the particles are kept within the mask (just like with lesser masks) - however N95 masks (95% protection) are not totally sufficient in preventing the wearer from acquiring an airborne infection - especially if the mask doesn't fit properly (i.e. if it doesn't form an airtight fit around your face). There's a reason why it has a tag of N95 as opposed to N99 (99%).

Also, N95 masks are sufficient in preventing the acquisition of a bacteria based infection and some viral infections but not all viral infections as not all viruses have the same size (H5N1 viruses are so small they can float freely in the air for a while).

The diameter of each enveloped virus ranges from 50-120 nanometres (nm) and filamentous virions are 20nm in diameter and 200-300nm long so, an N99 or N100 mask would be a lot more effective.

virus.jpg
    Review of Aerosol Transmission of Influenza A Virus

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/EID/vol12no11/06-0426.htm

Influenza Virus Aerosols

By definition, aerosols are suspensions in air (or in a gas) of solid or liquid particles, small enough that they remain airborne for prolonged periods because of their low settling velocity. For spherical particles of unit density, settling times (for a 3-m fall) for specific diameters are 10 s for 100 μm, 4 min for 20 μm, 17 min for 10 μm, and 62 min for 5 μm; particles with a diameter <3 μm essentially do not settle. Settling times can be further affected by air turbulence (10,11).
    The median diameters at which particles exhibit aerosol behavior also correspond to the sizes at which they are efficiently deposited in the lower respiratory tract when inhaled. Particles of >6-μm diameter are trapped increasingly in the upper respiratory tract (12); no substantial deposition in the lower respiratory tract occurs at >20 μm (11,12). Many authors adopt a size cutoff of <5 μm for aerosols. This convenient convention is, however, somewhat arbitrary, because the long settling time and the efficient deposition in the lower respiratory tract are properties that do not appear abruptly at a specific diameter value. Certainly, particles in the micron or submicron range will behave as aerosols, and particles >10–20 μm will settle rapidly, will not be deposited in the lower respiratory tract, and are referred to as large droplets (10–12).
    Coughing or sneezing generates a substantial quantity of particles, a large number of which are <5–10 μm in diameter [reviewed in (10)]. In addition, particles expelled by coughing or sneezing rapidly shrink in size by evaporation, thereby increasing the number of particles that behave as aerosols. Particles shrunken by evaporation are referred to as droplet nuclei (10–12). This phenomenon affects particles with a diameter at emission of <20 μm, and complete desiccation would decrease the diameter to a little less than half the initial diameter (10). Droplet nuclei are hygroscopic. When exposed to humid air (as in the lungs), they will swell back. One would expect that inhaled hygroscopic particles would be retained in the lower respiratory tract with greater efficiency, and this hypothesis has been confirmed experimentally (11,12). Aerosols, though heavily diluted, remain airborne and thus can be carried over large distances, which may create a potential for long-range infections. The occurrence of long-range infections is affected by several other factors. These include the infectious dose, the amount of infectious particles produced, the duration of shedding of the infectious agent, and the persistence of the agent in the environment (11). Inferring an absence of aerosols because long-range infections are not frequently observed is incorrect.
    Humans acutely infected with influenza A virus have a high virus titer in their respiratory secretions, which makes generation of virus aerosols possible. The viral titer measured in nasopharyngeal washes culminates on approximately day 2 or 3 after infection and can reach up to 107 50% tissue culture infective dose (TCID50)/mL (13,14). The persistence of the infectivity of influenza virus in aerosols has been studied in the laboratory. In experiments that used homogeneous aerosolized influenza virus suspensions (mean diameter 6 μm), virus infectivity (assessed by in vitro culture) at a fixed relative humidity undergoes an exponential decay; this decay is characterized by very low death rate constants, provided that the relative humidity was in the low range of 15%–40% (15,16). These results are consistent with those of an older study (admittedly performed in a more rudimentary manner) in which infectious influenza viruses in an aerosol could be demonstrated for up to 24 h by using infection in mice as a detection method, provided that the relative humidity was 17%-24% (17). In all these studies, the decay of virus infectivity increased rapidly at relative humidity >40%. The increased survival of influenza virus in aerosols at low relative humidity has been suggested as a factor that accounts for the seasonality of influenza (15,16). The sharply increased decay of infectivity at high humidity has also been observed for other enveloped viruses (e.g., measles virus); in contrast, exactly the opposite relationship has been shown for some nonenveloped viruses (e.g., poliovirus) (11,15,16).
    http://h5n1experts.org/forum/showthread.php?p=925#post925
    Do Surgical Masks Stop Swine Flu? Probably not.

By Jon CohenPosted Monday, April 27, 2009, at 3:15 PM ETClick here to read more from Slate on the swine flu.

As the swine flu outbreak deepens, panicked citizens of North America are donning face masks. In Mexico City's downtown square, the Zócalo, for example, the army handed out face masks, and customs officials on U.S. borders are wearing protective personal gear, such as gloves and masks. (Click here for images.) But do surgical masks offer effective protection against viruses? In 2003, Jon Cohen wrote that the SARS virus, which is just 100 nanometers in size, can easily pass through such barriers. And there's every reason to believe that swine flu, at 80 to 120 nanometers, can, too. The original article is reprinted below.

030407_SARS.jpg

The dramatic photos of surgical-masked people walking the streets of Asian cities hit by severe acute respiratory syndrome pose the question: Do the masks offer them any meaningful protection against the disease?Viruses, including the coronavirus that scientists believe may be the cause of SARS, are so tiny that they can easily pass through such barriers. Several studies even have shown that surgical masks fail to prevent transmission of the much larger mycobacterium tuberculosis, which causes TB. While the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advises that people who have SARS wear these masks, they do not even recommend them for people in contact with those patients unless the infected person can't wear one. Wearing surgical masks outdoors, where virus-laden particles easily disperse, has even less value.

CDC does advise health-care workers working with SARS patients to wear a special mask called an N-95 respirator. But even these masks offer limited protection from coronaviruses. The name of the mask says it all. The "95" means the mask, if properly fitted—and that "fit factor" presents a big if—can filter out particles down to .3 microns 95 percent of the time. (A human hair is roughly 100 microns in diameter.) Human coronaviruses measure between .1 and .2 microns, which is one to two times below the cutoff.

The University of Cincinnati's Sergey Grinshpun has studied N-95 respirators and says it all comes down to "collection efficiency." N-95s made by different manufacturers have different collection efficiencies below the .3 cutoff. In other words, one company's mask, if properly fitted, might filter out 92 percent of coronaviruses, while another might catch only 50 percent.

"It seems to offer better protection than nothing," Grinshpun says. And he notes that viruses often travel on top of larger carrier molecules—like globs of mucus—making it easier to filter them. That's why CDC Director Julie Gerberding last week noted that covering your face with a T-shirt might help if you come in close contact with an infected person.

To efficiently protect yourself from coronaviruses, you would need to wear a full-faced mask with a high-efficiency particle air filter. But such HEPA filter masks cause what Grinshpun calls "quite a discomfort" in short order.
    Any mask clearly wards off one bug: fear. Confoundingly, the sight of so many people wearing masks also spreads fear. And there's no measure of collection efficiency or fit factors that can help humans out of that pickle.

Explainer thanks Sergey Grinshpun, Julie Gerberding, and Web sites at the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health and the International Society for Respiratory Projection (Americas section).

http://www.slate.com/id/2217045/

http://h5n1experts.org/forum/

http://blog.al.com/living-news/2009/01/flu_fighters_birminghams_south.html

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/teachers/viewing/3318_02_nsn.html

http://www.fludirectory.com/articles/Do_not_Count_On_a_Bird_Flu_Vaccine.htm

http://blog.rv.net/2009/04/swine-flu-h1n1-face-masks-and-duct-tape/comment-page-1/

http://www.osha.gov/Publications/3328-05-2007-English.html#RespiratoryProtectionforPandemicInfluenza

http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/swineflu/

http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/ppe/masksrespirators.html

Poultry Farmers At Risk With N95 Mask

Finally,

Having been forced to do so much research on this subject I discovered that the Nanomask is NOT certified by either the USA or EU standards authorities. I don't know if that's changed recently but that was what I read here:

http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/npptl/usernotices/pdfs/Nanoguard062906.pdf

The bottom line (for me at least):

For the highest possible level of safety on a day to day basis (so to speak, because I'm not going to wear a full head gas mask and NBC suit - believe it or not) is not an N95 mask (though if it fits tightly it will provide adequate protection) but a properly fitting N99 mask (FFP3 in the EU) - which is better all round.

You're welcome. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

FF were thrice elected when the economy was doing fine, each time.*

But hey, don't let facts get in the way of conspiracy.

Lord knows that hasn't stopped ye, so far...

FD, I know you are more than capable of making good arguements without making personal digs. It doesnt help the thread in any way.

I shouldn't have brought Fianna Fail into this thread as they are an old an dying virus which has infected us all for years. Our immunity to them will be proved at the next election.
    Thanks to nodolan for his mask advice. I'm going to go with the N99 mask as well as he seems to know more about this than I do. That said I'm not ruling out the wearing of a full head gas mask and NBC suit. Better safe and silly looking than coughing your guts up in an A&E ward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Blindpew wrote:
    I shouldn't have brought Fianna Fail into this thread as they are an old an dying virus which has infected us all for years. Our immunity to them will be proved at the next election.
    Thanks to nodolan for his mask advice. I'm going to go with the N99 mask as well as he seems to know more about this than I do. That said I'm not ruling out the wearing of a full head gas mask and NBC suit. Better safe and silly looking than coughing your guts up in an A&E ward.
    :eek:

That gave me a laugh , thank you :D

(not laughing AT you but...ya know what I mean)

Does my bum look big in this?

icam.jpg

LOL ;)

• Advertisement

The clothes in your picture could be the new Irish soccer away kit. Come on the boys in green.

Harsh measures to combat pig plague

By Lester Haines
    30th April 2009 13:37 GMT

It's evident that the US of A's Department of Homeland Security is taking the H1N1 threat very seriously indeed, and we reckon that Secretary Janet Napolitano may have been taking some advice from Condoleeeeza "Waterboarding" Rice as to how to apply a "Guantánamo Bay" solution to the menace posed by swine flu.
    Here's an extract from Napolitano's statement yesterday on the current state of pig plague play:
    We're also actively monitoring travellers at our land, sea, and air ports. We're watching them for signs of illness, and we have appropriate protocols in place to deal with those who are sick. Precautions are being taken to protect travellers and border personnel. Anyone exhibiting symptoms is being referred to an isolation room where they can be evaluated by a public health official before proceeding to their destruction.
    Fair enough, and if that fails, here's Ms Rice's next piece of advice to Napolitano: "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure." ®

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/04/30/dhs_swine_flu/

It does seem like they are planning a cull over there. If the swine flu doesn't get you the authorities will. I guess unemployment and illegal immigration had to be tackled some way and this is their method of choice. Imagine an unsuspecting Irish man getting off a plane in New York today with a hangover and a suitcase full of rashers and sausages. They'd be accused of having weapons of mass destruction on their person. A lot of Americans think the Irish still have pigs in their kitchens. The lobby for the Irish illegals may give up their case now I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

It does seem like they are planning a cull over there. If the swine flu doesn't get you the authorities will. I guess unemployment and illegal immigration had to be tackled some way and this is their method of choice. Imagine an unsuspecting Irish man getting off a plane in New York today with a hangover and a suitcase full of rashers and sausages. They'd be accused of having weapons of mass destruction on their person. A lot of Americans think the Irish still have pigs in their kitchens. The lobby for the Irish illegals may give up their case now I think.

So if this doesn't actually happen what will you believe then?

Blindpew there's a really useful facility on these boards called an 'Ignore List'.

You should try it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

And Irish people do so much to demolish those stereotypes.

Seriously, what is your point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

nodolan wrote: »
    Blindpew there's a really useful facility on these boards called an 'Ignore List'.

You should try it ;)

Yeah Blindpew, ignore the people who want to discuss things on a discussion board. Why not start your own group with only people who agree with you.

A lot of people ignore whats going on until they are tossed up on the back of an eliteists tractor and trailor with froat coming from their mouths, squealing like pigs.

A lot of people ignore whats going on until they are tossed up on the back of an eliteists tractor and trailor with froat coming from their mouths, squealing like pigs.

There really is only one thing to say to this:

lolz

• Advertisement

Laugh all you like but the first case has just been confirmed here, I'm glad I ordered the N99 today.

Advertisement