Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX360 BF4 Advice/Issues

Options
  • 01-06-2014 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭

Unexpectedly back in Ireland for a short trip, time to stock up on some games! Looking at purchasing BF4 for the XBOX360, already have 1,2&3 and love the series.

Are there still issues with BF4 or have they all been patched?

Any tips in version to buy ~ is there a "free" premium edition?

Cheapest option to purchase this week?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's better than it started out, but it's not quite perfect. A lot of us are awaiting the improvements from the Community Test Environment to be integrated into the main game first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

OK thanks, I think I'll go ahead and purchase now as it will be a while before I'm back and it's region locked.

Are there premium sets? Best bricks and mortar to buy in this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Update in case anyone else is looking to purchase. I shopped around and the price differences were huge, from 60+ euro in gamestop and Tesco to the 24.99(!) I eventually paid in Argos of all places.

Big thumbs down to Smythes. They had BF4 with the China Rising DLC box on the shelf at 39.99, which I tried to purchase...after hunting around for a while the girl eventually placed 3 discs in the display box. I checked and there were 2 disc 1's and 1 disc 2, no code or mention of the DLC. I queried and she stated that it was the last one so they had to use the display box, 2 disc 1's was a mistake so she took 1 back and the DLC was only a demo so "didn't matter" which she then had her colleague confirm it was in fact "just a free demo". Luckily I declined to purchase as the next stop was Argos where they had the special.

Prices change all the time so shop around, last Wednesday best deal seemed to be Argos at 24.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

there certainly is some price differences around at the moment, Argos was sold out in my area, but got BF4 for 24.99 in Smyths today, although pre-owned was 34.99euro in the same shop, need to get that "label" gun out lads..

Advertisement