Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

curved stairs - estimated cost?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

johnpawl wrote: »
    Just wondering how much would i expect to pay to get a hand rail and spindles like this put on my stairs, which is similar to this...
    http://www.concretestairs.ie/cahergowan_claregalway_finished.html
    Thanks...

running costs on each spindle are between 6- 20 euro each (depending on style or spec). each curved piece on the stairs 150 -250 each straight stretch of handrail about 60-.150 each. completly curved handrail made in one lenght can add up to big money depends on radius and timber you use.
    Last one i done handrail took two weeks for two of us just to get the handrail made and fitted properly.
    i know it is a pretty vague answer but nearly every curved stairs differs and a lot of info is needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭johnpawl

1chippy wrote: »
    running costs on each spindle are between 6- 20 euro each (depending on style or spec). each curved piece on the stairs 150 -250 each straight stretch of handrail about 60-.150 each. completly curved handrail made in one lenght can add up to big money depends on radius and timber you use.
    Last one i done handrail took two weeks for two of us just to get the handrail made and fitted properly.
    i know it is a pretty vague answer but nearly every curved stairs differs and a lot of info is needed.

Thanks for the answer, I was thinking a red deal handrail, maybe stain it after..Inside radius of stairs is 6ft...If you could give any ballpark figure atall I'd appreciate it just so I have some clue as to how much this is going to cost me...
    PS could I do the handrail in tubular brass or something like that?? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

send me on a pic of the formwork of the landing and concrete or are they comletely timber

Advertisement