Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skoda Octavia problem

• 29-10-2012 6:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭

I have a Skoda Octavia cc1.2 bought in 2010.A 'Rectangle symbol like a petrol pump with a little tail coming out of the right lower end of it' keeps coming up on my dashboard.I have been told it means that I am low in petrol - but my tank is nearly always full.It stays on for days and then disappears and then comes up again.This symbol is not in the Skoda Handbook.Any ideas as to what problem is or how to fix it? Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭donmaga1

Is it the ECU light?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭Dinky22

Sorry donmaga1 but I really don't know what the ECU light is supposed to look like - all I know is the symbol that I mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 dclanber

Dinky22 wrote: »
    Sorry donmaga1 but I really don't know what the ECU light is supposed to look like - all I know is the symbol that I mentioned.
    Can you post a picture of the light?

Sorry dclanber I can't - it is a very definite Rectangle (like a petrol pump with a little tail coming out of the Right Lower End).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 dclanber

Dinky22 wrote: »
    Sorry dclanber I can't - it is a very definite Rectangle (like a petrol pump with a little tail coming out of the Right Lower End).

If it is the fuel warning light and the tank is full there's a fair chance its a fault with either the dash or the tank unit in the fuel tank which is normally part of the fuel pump. A friends car had this fault before and needed a software update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Dubwat

Thanks a million Dubwat that is exactly the symbol that comes on when the tank is full. Thank you for the trouble you went to to get it online.

Also thanks a million dclanber for all the info. I will give this info to the garage as they told me they could not find anything wrong with it (unfortunately symbol had just gone off at the time that they checked car).

I am MOST GRATEFUL to you both for all your help.:D

Advertisement