Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

no more 300C ?

• 07-09-2012 11:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

I notice Chrysler don't have the 300c in it's Irish line up at all.

Pity, looks like a nice bus and the previous model was a welcome break from the norm on our roads.

I presume they are not going to market it as a Lancia as a break back into the Irish market are they ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

RobAMerc wrote: »
    I notice Chrysler don't have the 300c in it's Irish line up at all.

Pity, looks like a nice bus and the previous model was a welcome break from the norm on our roads.

I presume they are not going to market it as a Lancia as a break back into the Irish market are they ?

No, all Lancias will be sold as Chryslers in the UK and Ireland. In Europe, Chrysler is being phased out and all Chryslers there will only be sold as Lancias. For Europe at least, Chrysler and Lancia will be the same thing the way it is with Opel and Vauxhall:)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

No, all Lancias will be sold as Chryslers in the UK and Ireland. In Europe, Chrysler is being phased out and all Chryslers there will only be sold as Lancias. For Europe at least, Chrysler and Lancia will be the same thing the way it is with Opel and Vauxhall:)!

I've seen 3 12-reg Lancias around Ireland in the last week, go figure...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

The Chrysler garage in d4 had a 300 in the window I thought yesterday, obviously could be wrong I was driving by at the time so got a glance.
    Pity they are a different car for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

2 Grey's and a Black by any chance?

Currently the biggest vehicle available from Fiat/Alfa for driver's coming out of 159's, without going Grand Voyager / 300c (which don't really give the right image for these drivers)

New 300c is up on the UK website. They might not bother bringing it to Ireland as I can't see many sales. Would be nice to see some on the road here though, serious presence if a little poorly put together on the old model.

R.O.R wrote: »
    2 Grey's and a Black by any chance?

One grey Delta and one silver Delta, spotted at random on motorways.

3rd one is a red Ypsilon thats parked around Mountmellick all the time.

Also, there was one of these parked outside the hotel I was staying in in France a few weeks back. It's a bit of a dog. Also only 174bhp out of a 2.4 litre engine...lazy yanks

Lancia_Flavia_convertible_2012_600_lq_0001.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

I predict a massive drop i fake Bently hood ornament sales

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    I predict a massive drop i fake Bently hood ornament sales

Or an increase in Chrysler grilles...

2012-Lancia-Thema-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

that Flavia is an insult to the name.

I am saddened that some of the Chrysler products are going to sully the Lancia name further but it was always going to happen.

Why do folk think the 300C won't sell here ? It sold well originally. Or are the latest engines not up to our Band C ( pretty much the max an Irish person is willing to pay seems to me )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,441 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

I am saddened that some of the Chrysler products are going to sully the Lancia name further but it was always going to happen.

Why do folk think the 300C won't sell here ? It sold well originally. Or are the latest engines not up to our Band C ( pretty much the max an Irish person is willing to pay seems to me )

3L v6 turbo-diesel at 185 or 191 g/km means band E or F based on the models available in the UK. Lovely interiors in the Ypsilon anddelta; pity about the absence of a Lancia badge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

The new Lancia Thema looks like a revamped 300C

http://www.lancia.com/com/#/configurator/new-thema/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

It was one of the classic Celtic Tiger cars. That era is dead and gone.

mullingar wrote: »

it is a 300c in all but badge. Fiat own Lancia and Chrysler so no great surprise there would be some cross badging.

I had an Ypsilon hire car some time back, nicely kitted out, but for abilty I'd take a Fiesta any day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,441 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

mullingar wrote: »

No revamp needed, simply rebadged. Fiat controls Chrysler and this is its strategy to optimise sales. Also get a rebadged Dodge SUV as Fiat Freemont in Italy.

going a bit OT but will we see a resurrection of Lancia in the US?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

all probably owned by lancia Ireland.;)

MidlandsM wrote: »
    all probably owned by lancia Ireland.;)

what do you mean by that ? is there even a Lancia Ireland any more ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Debs_Mann

AFAIK, they are not pushing the new 300C properly until the new year, as it was a late arrival here

Advertisement