Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone done any sound deadening ?

• 24-07-2012 2:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

One of the many things that annoys me about my car is the road noise from the rear tyres particularly on rougher surfaces. ( they are 265's or 285's from memory so rather wide ).

Wife says no change of car this year so has anyone successfully managed to sound proof their car without damaging it ?

I know changing the tyres will help, but I don't know what ones would be guaranteed to be quieter and am not willing to take the chance. Tyres on it have only 6k miles on them.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Just get a louder stereo!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

RobAMerc wrote: »
    .....I know changing the tyres will help, but I don't know what ones would be guaranteed to be quieter and am not willing to take the chance. Tyres on it have only 6k miles on them.

In the next few months all tyres must have a new EU performance label on them to show how loud they are (with wet grip & fuel economy ratings) so you can compare them to other tyres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭lau1247

if you put on the mats then it becomes the case how much do you put on before you start to get proper sound insulation as an overall??

maybe it is time to get noise cancelling headphones, problem solved :D:p

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Flashband has been used in boots and doors with some good results. It's cheap and cheerful too. Check out the www.fto-ireland.com club and do a search for some info about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Flashband along with closed cell camping mats and carpet is used a lot by Land Rover owners, older Series and Defenders need some serious sound proofing! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement