Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

what checks can dealers do ?

Options
  • 25-10-2012 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭

Ringing around thinking about changing my car and compared to before a lot of dealers seem willing to give px values over the phone but they all seem to want the reg number.

What are they looking up ? They are not doing a cartell check on a simple inquiry are they ?

rob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Hal Decks

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Ringing around thinking about changing my car and compared to before a lot of dealers seem willing to give px values over the phone but they all seem to want the reg number.

What are they looking up ? They are not doing a cartell check on a simple inquiry are they ?

rob

They are looking for any possible reason to denigrate your car. Is it an import, etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,280 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

RobAMerc wrote: »

rob
    Your are wasting your time. You won't get anywhere news the best figures over the phone.
    I guess it's no harm to get your name contact and car details for future reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I used to do this to find the spec of the car through cartell as owners never know what they have. Also handy if you see it on donedeal or somewhere for sale

Advertisement