Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where to advertise swap

Options
  • 24-09-2012 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭

Lads where is a good place to advertise a car for a swap ?

I have an 08 E200 Komp Sport that I would like a change from.

It's unlikely I'll find a cash buyer and I'm not allowed spend (much) money as I only have it 12 months.

Any clues where I should put it ?

donedeal ?

ta rob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Light Switch

Adverts.ie but be prepared to get offered a 97 Nissan Micra and a broken laptop as a swap. :)

You might find someone willing to swap something interesting though.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭MrDerp

What are you expecting to get in return? More mpg? A bigger car?

Unless it's a smaller guzzler, who's going to swap with you?

I suspect any swap offers will be a 93 hiace and a "PlayStation 2 with loads of games"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I am looking to swap something of the same value - maybe an older S class or Cayenne, there has got to be someone out there happy to offload that for a newer cheaper to run car.

the reason I am asking here is I though adverts would just cause me a pain in the a**.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭MrDerp

RobAMerc wrote: »
    I am looking to swap something of the same value - maybe an older S class or Cayenne, there has got to be someone out there happy to offload that for a newer cheaper to run car.

the reason I am asking here is I though adverts would just cause me a pain in the a**.

In that case it might be worth trying a few garages, as surely you'd be taking something harder to sell off their forecourt?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

problem with a garage is they have to make money, what I would get for a straight swap would be worth way less as they have to cover overheads etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Lads where is a good place to advertise a car for a swap ?

I have an 08 E200 Komp Sport that I would like a change from.

It's unlikely I'll find a cash buyer and I'm not allowed spend (much) money as I only have it 12 months.

Any clues where I should put it ?

donedeal ?

ta rob

Anything in my ads?

Seriously though, I'd avoid adverts for a car and go for Donedeal instead.

OSI wrote: »
    Adverts.ie?

Useless in general for motors but completely so for anything worth a few quid.

Advertisement