Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday opening hours in The Blanchardstown Towncentre

Options
  • 26-04-2015 8:23am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I wish the towncentre opened earlier on Sunday.

I want to be out and gone by 12, but it only opens at 11 :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

amdublin wrote: »
    I wish the towncentre opened earlier on Sunday.

I want to be out and gone by 12, but it only opens at 11 :(

I always said there should be different rent rates for shops that want to open later/close earlier.

Centre opens at 9,a lot of shops open at 930.
    Centre closes at 9 most evenings,a lot of the shops are long closed.

I wouldnt be happy if I owned it and advertised it being open certain hours and then had a lot of closed shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

I'm just back, some shops open at 10. Dunnes does.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I'd imagine apart from supermarket shopping, the volume of custom early on Sunday morning is just not there for fashion and other retailers to justify opening at 9am. Sunday morning is usually lie in morning for most people..unless you have kids of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

I'm just back, some shops open at 10. Dunnes does.
    Wouldn't go next nor near them, as a result of how they threat their employees.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Yeah I think people bring their kids to the cinema club.

It was busy enough at 11. I'd say they could get away with opening at 10.

I assume the main entrance wasn't open for dunnes and you went in a car park side door??

I went online and the tc just said 11. If even some coffee places were open at 10 I would have gone up had a coffee and been ready to shop on the dot of 11.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

What other shops open at 10 December2012?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

I went in at the Carpark near upstairs dunnes. The car park was reasonably occupied at about 10.15.

I was doing a quick in and out to the Health Store (which was open). I think the butchers beside it was open but I didn't notice anything else except Dunnes (purely cos I finally got in and got what I wanted!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Went down this morning and the majority of the shops don't open until 9.30! I knew what I wanted so would have been in and out at 9.05 if I could have but nope, no such luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭gutenberg

I used to work on Sundays regularly in the Centre, and the shop opened at 11. Dunnes etc. opened at 10, but some didn't open until 12. To be honest, most of our footfall from opening until about 12.30 was just people wandering in to look around, because the places they actually wanted to go to were still closed! Rather frustrating as a staff member :)

Advertisement