Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost lock nut key

• 01-06-2015 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Bought a car on donedeal and it doesn't have a lock nut key. Tried contacting the previous owner and they just said it's definitely in the car. But it's not!!

I have enzo alloy wheels on the car. I have tried contacting the previous owner for details but they have been ignoring my calls.

I have 16 lock nuts on the car
    I have sent a photo of the wheels to they enzo manufacturer but they said they can't identify them by a picture and would need a number off them which would have been supplied when they were bought.

Any one any advice??

(If anyone thinks there is a more suitable place to post this can a moderator move this post please as i dunno how)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

ais942 wrote: »
    Bought a car on donedeal and it doesn't have a lock nut key. Tried contacting the previous owner and they just said it's definitely in the car. But it's not!!

I have enzo alloy wheels on the car. I have tried contacting the previous owner for details but they have been ignoring my calls.

I have sent a photo of the wheels to they enzo manufacturer but they said they can't identify them by a picture and would need a number off them which would have been supplied when they were bought.

Any one any advice??

(If anyone thinks there is a more suitable place to post this can a moderator move this post please as i dunno how)

There are special locknut removal sockets that sometimes work on removing locknuts.
    http://www.halfords.ie/motoring-travel/tools-diy/tools-tool-kits/laser-locking-wheel-nut-remover
    Usually the air chisel wins though in the place where I work when we have such problems with locknuts ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭9935452

ais942 wrote: »

Any one any advice??

Are you sure there is 16 lock nuts on the car, thats a bit excessive. normally there is one per wheel.
    Personally id go into a tyre place and see if they can get them off. and just replace them with ordinary studs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There are ways to get them off DIY but it's probably easiest to go into a tyre place first to get a quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 lockey90

Try a tyre place as the lads said above, if u want to try it yourself use the closest socket/Allen head bit and beat it on and rattle it with the air hammer. Best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,431 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You sure it has 16 lock nuts? Typically a set would be of 4 and a key to open each set so in theory you would then have 4 different keys required. Looks like overkill having 4 sets, that would be a good €200 plus for them alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Can you post a picture of one of the wheels with all locknuts showing?

Advertisement