Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oneforall remotes Ariva box

• 15-07-2015 8:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

Supposedly oneforall universal remotes work with all devices. Have two and neither seem to work with my Arvia 150. Have tried all the Ferguson codes given and the manual search. Has any had success with oneforall and an Ariva box?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭winston_1

wingnut wrote: »
    Supposedly oneforall universal remotes work with all devices. Have two and neither seem to work with my Arvia 150. Have tried all the Ferguson codes given and the manual search. Has any had success with oneforall and an Ariva box?

They don't work with all devices. Getting one to work with most Freeview boxes is impossible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭Delta Lima

I think the Oneforall remote 'URC 7960' has a learning function so it can be taught to work nearly any device. But you will need the original control to teach it. I have used these and I find them very good, if a little cumbersome to set up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Hoagy

Or you could go at it the other way round.

Buy the Ariva universal remote which works with many other devices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭codar

If you have your ariva connected to your broadband, you could use the stb remote app (search ariva in app store/google play)
    It gives you fully functioning remote on your smart phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

I have the app it works great, but it would be handy to have the TV and STB controlled from the same unit when you don't have a phone to hand.

They do have a learning function but my original remote is broken. I may go back to the sat shop and ask to borrow one to program.

• Advertisement
Advertisement