Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Halfords tool chest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Thats cheap for that bundle, I would love to get one at that price but have other priorities right now.
    Buy it, you won't be sorry, ballbearing rollers and decent payload per drawer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

I've two sets they're that good! Very very handy to have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Thats cheap for that bundle, I would love to get one at that price but have other priorities right now.
    Buy it, you won't be sorry, ballbearing rollers and decent payload per drawer.

I got mine at separate times for the price the OP is paying, keep an eye out as they do the offer every now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭jack of all

It's good, but I have the Industrial model (black in colour) from Halfords which i bought last year in a bundle for €340 for top chest and bottom roller. They had the same bundle on offer for €350 in the past week or so and sometime before Christmas and it's likely that they'll do it again sometime soon (offers seem to change weekly or fortnightly on these at least). Unless you're in a hurry for the units now I'd hold out for a better special offer on the Industrial bundle. The Industrial one is a good step up from the Professional one- better drawers, better castors, better load bearing capacity, nicer drawer pulls and great value for money when on special; I'd buy another if I had the space for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭livingthedream

Hi,

Yeah I have that set in my shed and have had no problems with it....

I have another lower drawer set that I got in woodies a couple of years before I bought the halfords one and I'd say the halfords one is better quality.

Also, if you are a member of some groupscheme you can probably get a 10% off voucher to print out for halfords too which is worthwhile doing when spending that much ;)

~LTD.

• Advertisement

Better offers available on this gear now, have to be careful with timing when you buy with Halfords or you miss out on a deal:

http://www.halfords.ie/motoring/garage-equipment/tool-chests-tool-boxes/halfords-industrial-6-drawer-ball-bearing-tool-chest

• Registered Users Posts: 22 john2524

Hi all looking to buy the halfords tool cabinet and chest there is a sale on at the moment both for 180...seems like a steal however I'm skeptical if it would be better to hold out for the industrial one to come on offer. I have a good few tools however I don't intend on moving the cabinet much.

Any advice would be appreciated I know this thread hasn't been used in a while

Thanks

As I previously posted I have the "industrial" model, I'd prefer this over the "pro" one anyday, I definitely think it's worth the extra for the industrial range and I see they now do a middle chest for it as well which I hope to pick up at some stage. I don't move my set up much either but I do prefer the drawer slides and heavier build quality.

There is a bundle offer on the Professional model at the moment, 349 for a 3pc set 5 drawer roller cab, 4 drawer middle chest and 7 drawer chest.
    thats a very good deal, I'd prefer the industrial model but its an awful lot pricier in fact for a similar setup with 15 drawers its close to 1k

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

There is a bundle offer on the Professional model at the moment, 349 for a 3pc set 5 drawer roller cab, 4 drawer middle chest and 7 drawer chest.
    thats a very good deal, I'd prefer the industrial model but its an awful lot pricier in fact for a similar setup with 15 drawers its close to 1k

Cheers dude - convinced herself to get one of these for me for the big 3-2 this week ;)

• Advertisement

Cheers dude - convinced herself to get one of these for me for the big 3-2 this week ;)
    Sounds like a good woman to me. Better put a ring on her if you haven't already.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Sounds like a good woman to me. Better put a ring on her if you haven't already.
    :D

Already done :cool:

Advertisement