Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions about tree frogs and their prey

Options
  • 23-07-2015 2:16am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So my mum is thinking about letting me get some tree frogs. I've ordered a book on red-eyed tree frogs off Amazon. Does anyone know where I would get some, or get advice on keeping them? I'm in Donegal so somewhere in Northern Ireland would be ideal. I have lots of questions :o How many should I get? what size vivarium? Do they only eat live prey? Live or artificial plants? If live plants, what kind and where to get them?

Some questions about their food also: Can crickets live in a shed/garage or would they die from the cold, especially in winter? - My mum is against keeping insects in the house. What do you feed crickets and mealworms? How often would you need to buy insects (a weeks supply at a time? more?)

I'm sure I have lots more questions, but that will do for a start. Bit of a long shot but would love to hear from anyone who has kept tree frogs. I'm a complete newbie to amphibians/reptiles but have wanted tree frogs for ages.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Also, any good sites for buying vivariums/accessories online?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Also, any good sites for buying vivariums/accessories online?

Hey,

I don't know much about frogs myself!
    I'll pm you a great reptile forum that will be able to answer most of your questions!

Advertisement